Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
kcfan007

Count me!!!!! Missing calls and bad battery for several weeks. Once the battery hits the half way mark, it drains very quickly. Should I wait for a fix, go get a battery, a replacement or what?

Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
4noodle

Just signed on to this Verizon community to see if anyone else is having battery life issues and whether or not there's a fix out there.  YES - ever since the upgrade I've had two major issues.  1) Battery life .with moderate use was up to a day and a half before charging was required.  Now if I'm barely using it I'm lucky to get six hours.  2) My bluetooth syncing with my car used to work flawlessly.  Now it's intermittent at best.  Very frustrating that these so-called upgrades are causing so many problems.  I haven't seen a single benefit to the upgrade

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi 4Noodle,

Thank you to the community for your information!

Thanks for your posting about the battery life on your Fascinate since the Froyo update, as well as the intermittent Bluetooth issue you are experiencing. I do understand your frustration in this matter. 

I have researched the issue with the battery, and I want to assure you all that the battery performance issues are under investigation by the Samsung product management team. Unfortunately, I do not have a date to provide you with for a resolution, but I hope you know that Samsung has been made aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We will let our customers know as soon as any update is available. 

For the Bluetooth issue, can you please verify the model of your car, the model of your Bluetooth device, and the software version of your car kit? Once we gather this information, we can pass this information on so it can be resolved for you. 

Thank you all for your patience in these matters. 

0 Likes
df78

Still have bad battery length although not as bad as before the second "fix"update.

0 Likes
Doughdaddy

My current Fascinate got worse battery after update but the replacement they sent me only lasted 90 minutes on the same fully charged battery

0 Likes
sewsewnut

I have an LG Cosmos, not the Droid or Smart phones like I am seeing here.  However, I am having battery life issues too.  Started a little more than a week ago.  Talked with customer service on Dec 23rd.  They said my battery is under warranty, however, there are no batteries for my phone in stock right now.  Suggested that I take it back to the Corporate store in Lady Lake, FL where I purchased my phone.  So I did and they ran a "test" on the phone telling me it would take 2 hours to complete.  I came back in 2 hours to get the phone and was told that the battery was fine.  And that I should charge it every night.  Well I do charge it every night mainly because I don't have a landline so my phone is used heavily with text, calls, and picture messages.  So here it is one week later and I've been charging my phone twice a day since the test was done at the corporate store.  It is very frustrating to have to continue to deal with this garbage.  So add me to your count.

0 Likes
ladywolf_siobhan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my battery life sucks now. 

0 Likes
sewsewnut

Called Verizon last night for the 2nd time.  Told them I went through all their suggestions, even taking the phone to the closest corporate store in Lady Lake, FL.  I am now charging the battery twice during the day and again overnight.  Also if I am going to be on a long call, I have to plug in the phone and then I have to sit on top of the outlet as the cord from the phone to the wall outlet is so short you feel like you are literally talking to the wall outlet.  Verizon tech services told me there STILL are no batteries to be had and they will call me this coming Thursday to give me an update on the situation of the batteries.  That will be the 2nd time they said they'd call me.  The first time they were supposed to call never happened.  So now my new call is supposed to be Jan 11th.  If they haven't had any batteries since a week before Christmas, what do you think the chances are I will have a battery coming to me on Thurs Jan 11th?  It also tells me that I am not the only one with this problem.  My phone and my battery are under warranty.  Fat lot of good that does.

Angela in Wildwood, FL

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I am not having battery issues but I do realy have to watch it

you can take it off the charger and it will say 100%

then you go in to settings about phone and battery and find out it is not charged

so I am Having a charging problem that looks like a bad battery when in fact my battery is OK

0 Likes
mpflum

My battery life stinks.  I use the Advanced Task killer before I go to bed and by the time I wake up, it's half drained.  I have to plug in the charger nightly.  This is even after getting a new phone, but not new battery.  Before the update months ago, my battery life was fine, almost as good as my Blackberry's.

0 Likes