Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
dcc829
I called in today because now in addition to dismal battery life, the new "screen shot" feature has stopped working. The woman i spoked to said we could do a factory reset, and then if that didn't work, they would replace the device. I explained to her that I had already gotten one replacement since the update, and have done a factory reset 3 times and am tired of doing this. I told her that it is ridiculous that this update has caused me to have terrible battery life and missed phone calls and text messages also. She said that they just received a memo within the last couple days that missed calls is a known issue, and because of this, they are replacing with a DIFFERENT device if the customer wants (she didn't say whether it was new or refurbished, I am assuming refurbished). The choices were the HTC Droid Incredible 2 or the Motorola Droid X2. I haven't made my decision yet, so if anyone has any insight into these two phones, I welcome it. Hope this helps those of you that are also having a problem with missing calls.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
Bri333
My battery life got significantly worse after 2.2. Before wIth light use I could easily get 2 days out of a fully charged battery. Sometimes a bit more. After 2.2 with very light use I might make it a bit more than a day (phone is off overnight in these instances). But with any amount of browsing *or* having gps on for 1 or 2 hours *or* doing a fair amount of emailing, I don't make it through the business day. Battery life got even worse than that after updating to ED04. If I don't use a browser, don't turn on gps and don't do much emailing, I can get about one business day. If I use the phone much at all (say, turn on gps for an hour, or do a little web browsing or compose and send a number of emails in the day) I don't make it more than about 5 or 6 hours on a charge. If I use SportyPal with gps on and go for an hour walk (display only on for short periods, but app running), my battery is about runs down to red by end of the hour.

Notes about my usage: I mostly use the phone for email (synced with work gmail account and personal POP account). I occasionally use the browser to look things up. I occasionally use google maps with location service and gps on. I don't have many apps downloaded. I don't play music, videos or games (when I've tried Angry Birds it really used up battery). I don't have any widgets on the phone. I don't make or receive very many calls and I don't text. Until this week I used one of the live wallpapers. I took that off and took a "black" photo that I use for wallpaper now to try to improve battery life. I don't use a 3rd party app killer, I just use Task Manager when needed.

For the cost of phone service and the device, I should be able to get through at least 24 hours, if not more, as I am a light user. I used to be able to even with live wallpaper! gps seems to lock better after ED04 (before it rarely locked), though I need to have google location services on for the gps to lock. I notice that gps really seems to use up battery which is why I use it less than I would like. When looking in About Phone, it shows that Display is what uses up 80-90% of battery.
0 Likes
cms941

This has gone way beyond bad customer service. My wife's fasinate is basically worthless. Went to a Verizon store the other day and explained phone with light usage lasts about 4 hours. My wife has to turn off gps, network sync, bluetooth to make it 8 hours. The reps response was all smart phones are like this. Really???? Why treat the customer like we are stupid. I turned around and walked out steaming. Good thing I wasn't told to do a factory reset again.

Why can't Verizon just be up front with us. Offer a replacement phone rather that us having to jump through hoops. Let us know what's going on. Maybe Verizon needs to hold Samsung's feet to the fire.

Still Frustrated WAITING for a FIX VERIZON!!! Can you hear me now!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

cms941 wrote:

This has gone way beyond bad customer service. My wife's fasinate is basically worthless. Went to a Verizon store the other day and explained phone with light usage lasts about 4 hours. My wife has to turn off gps, network sync, bluetooth to make it 8 hours. The reps response was all smart phones are like this. Really???? Why treat the customer like we are stupid. I turned around and walked out steaming. Good thing I wasn't told to do a factory reset again.

Why can't Verizon just be up front with us. Offer a replacement phone rather that us having to jump through hoops. Let us know what's going on. Maybe Verizon needs to hold Samsung's feet to the fire.

Still Frustrated WAITING for a FIX VERIZON!!! Can you hear me now!!!!!!!!

You would think Verizon will finally admit that this phone needs to be replaced or allow us an early upgrade to a new phone.
0 Likes
kderamus

I wish I could rollback, my battery life is drained since the 2.2. update, my phone freezes at least 1x a day and I've missed my first business call today since the phone froze mid-ring. I am fed up with this and wish that Verizon would acknowledge this to users by rolling back. I used to LOVE it, but now I'm severely disappointed.

0 Likes
ladygodiva

A coworker who has a Droid (not a Fascinate though) told me that he has no problems with Droid OS version 2.3 340.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Did they actually fix the memory issue?  I feel like I have a landline again - I need to plug my phone in wherever I go...ugh!

0 Likes
hestia

Yes, my battery life was halfed after the update.

0 Likes
dbottorf

Good News!  Verizon is now allowing you to exchange the Fascinate!  We personally chose the Samsung Charge since it is so similar to the Fascinate. I believe the HTC Incredible and Droid X2 were the other options.  The phones are sent through Fed Ex to satisfy the warranty requirements and there was no charge for the exchange!  

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

dbottorf wrote:

Good News!  Verizon is now allowing you to exchange the Fascinate!  

Verizon's been doing that for a couple weeks now.  Look at some of the other threads in the forum for more details.

Glad you got to trade yours in.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

ED05 2.2.2 Leak

That I put on my phone is great

I let my phone sit all night after I charged it and it rang this morning

My Battery life is at 94% with a Time on of 15h 41m 51s

I have had not freezes

I Would not trade this for any phone that Verizon Has PERIOD

I Can not believe how this phone is running if this is the one Verizon is going to OTA it is Great

So either wait for OTA or go to XDA and do some reading

0 Likes