Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
gdio

Having the same problem as everyone else.  I use the phone heavily for work and will charge at lease once during the day or battery is dead by 2:00. I will sometimes need to charge a second time in the evening.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
chondro

I just got off the phone wiht a tech. they said no one else is complaining about the battery after the update

they either lied to me or you guys are calling them

call them!, they will tell you its your setting......blah blah blah

just tell them it was fine before.

0 Likes
dcc829

seraph wrote:

I remember my fascinate having a noticable drop in battery life when I first switched. The best thing you can do is to charge your battery up to full, then drain it completely and charge it back up. 99% of the times you do a major Android update, your battery stats get screwy. By running your battery COMPLETELY down (powers off, will not turn back on, then leave it dead for a little while), it will reset your battery stats, recallibrate the battery, and get you back to the battery life you had before.

I've done this multiple times, both intentionally and unintentionally (sometimes my battery completely dies mid-day while I'm at work). It's no better.

0 Likes
thornbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you know someone that also has a Fascinate, swap batteries.  This should force the phone to re-calibrate, because it will be identified as a new/different battery.

- Tim

0 Likes
clspruiell

I just spoke with Tech Support about this problem also.  This is my third Fascinate in 2 weeks and still the same problems.  Factory (hard/soft) resets do not do anything but frustrate the crap out of me.  

Almost all of my old apps are not compatible.  

Verizon's best answers to these problems are forcing me to go to other providers.  Airplane mode, keep resetting, don't add certain apps, keep the phone simple etc etc are all unacceptable answers.

They said they could swap the phone for a Droid X or the Motorola slider phone thing, but to me that's a downgrade.

Get this right or you're about to lose alot of customers.

0 Likes
jskwa

Absolutely unacceptable issue. I do not appreciate being told by a Verizon representative that a) this is a singular, individual issue and b) that an adjustment of settings is the solution. This is NOT an issue related to live backgrounds or other features draining or batteries. This is unquestionably and undeniably related to the Froyo update.

Pull it together, Verizon.

0 Likes
smartz

count me in!  Since the update I'm charging up 2x daily - and that is with just holding that dang thing in my pocket, not even using it!  Never had this problem before.  Plus the stupid thing keeps going into 'Safe Mode' - WTH is that?  I never put it into whatever safe mode is, the only way to get it out of 'safe mode' seems to be to take out the battery and recharge it.  Most inconvient to have to reboot all the time.  Then when I reboot - my apps at the bottom of the screen change/disappear. 

This update does NOT make me happy!

0 Likes
Tib

Ran the update Monday.

Tuesday, I charged the phone before going to bed.  No apps running.  Fully charged battery.  No wifi, no bluetooth, but the GPS was still on. 

Wednesday morning, the phone turns off and the battery is dead.  

Now, I can respect heavy users going through the battery.  I can expect if an app is running and wifi is on, blah blah blah.... give me your best excuses, but I cannot understand nor respect that a phone on standby that is fully charged at 10pm and not in use would be fully dead by 9am the next morning.

0 Likes
LBrewski

My wife and I both have the same phone purchased on the same day, when the 2.2 update came out I installed it but left hers at 2.1, now my battery needs to be charged at least twice per day and her phone is once and it's not even halve gone.

I know that I have had my battery drain fully and turn off at least once. I will try it again, and even two times in a row but I'm skeptical.

0 Likes
dceric

same problems here.

No apps running, only corp mail set to push...everything else is in manual mode. No wifi activated, no active screen saver, no music, no videos, no gaming, and I still can not make a full 8-10 hour work day with one charge. Battery meeter shows 84% life is for display? Strange, as I have the display light setting set at lowest possible setting. Previously, I could get 1 if not 2 days from a single charge.

Very disappointed.

0 Likes