Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

3 Fascinates.   All upgraded to 2.2.  All had 'factory resets' done on them over a week ago.

Unforntunately, battery life not what is was.

( black backgrounds, no wifi, no gps or bluetooth, brightness set to low. )

Can't figure out whats draining them, but it appears something sure is.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
AJWilk

I am absolutely livid with Verizion at the moment.  I went into a local store to ask about the battery issue.  The guy took my phone and did what I assume was the factory reset without backing anything up!  No problem he told me, it all sync's with your gmail account.  I called the manager to complain when I got home and he didn't really seem to care.  All he could tell me was that it didn't sound like there was anything he could do.  Not sure if the reset will work, but based on what I've read I have little hope that it will.  I don't know what has happened, Verizion service has always been outstanding, but realitive to this issue it's absolutely horrible.

0 Likes
myfascinate

:womansad:Very dissapointed in the battery life difference since the update. I was really excited at first .. Now my battery drains in no time and my phone freezes up alot. What is the deal?

0 Likes
seraph

I remember my fascinate having a noticable drop in battery life when I first switched. The best thing you can do is to charge your battery up to full, then drain it completely and charge it back up. 99% of the times you do a major Android update, your battery stats get screwy. By running your battery COMPLETELY down (powers off, will not turn back on, then leave it dead for a little while), it will reset your battery stats, recallibrate the battery, and get you back to the battery life you had before.

0 Likes
cms941

Add me well actually my wife's phone.

Since Froyo update phone has trouble making it past 4 hrs before low battery warnings. It is unacceptable to have to turn off GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi for the battery life to be marginally better. Having these services running before was never an issue. Current usage is 30 minutes of talk time syncing 2 email accounts Bluetooth and gps on. Phone never had a problem making a full day before update. Its really frustrating we waited so long for this update to get a phone that is basically no better than having a "wired" phone since it has to be charging all the time.  Here is hoping we see a fix very soon! BTW why is thread marked solved??? It is far from solved!

0 Likes
cms941

Add me well actually my wife's phone.

Since Froyo update phone has trouble making it past 4 hrs before low battery warnings. It is unacceptable to have to turn off GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi for the battery life to be marginally better. Having these services running before was never an issue. Current usage is 30 minutes of talk time syncing 2 email accounts Bluetooth and gps on. Phone never had a problem making a full day before update. Its really frustrating we waited so long for this update to get a phone that is basically no better than having a "wired" phone since it has to be charging all the time.  Here is hoping we see a fix very soon! BTW why is thread marked solved??? It is far from solved!

0 Likes
chica0902

I downloaded 2.2 on Saturday.  Sunday, I noticed my battery life was low and had to charge my phone in the middle of the afternoon.  I usually only charge my phone at night.  Monday, I used my phone for about 5 minutes on Facebook in the morning, and at lunch when I went to use it, it was at half battery.  When I got off work at 4:30, my battery was at 15%.

I went to a Verizon store, and all I was told was "You should probably call tech support."  I called tech support, and the guy told me that Advanced Task Killer was causing problems.  I uninstalled it, and guess what?  It's 1:00, and my battery is at about 40%.  I used Pandora this morning for about 20 minutes, Facebook for about 5, and sent 2 text messages.

This is frustrating, and unacceptable!  When I get off work today, I will be calling back.  And I will continue to call every day until it's resolved!

0 Likes
cpoto

Battery life is TERRIBLE since I did the Froyo 2.2 update.

0 Likes
niemczyks

I upgraded my Fascinate to 2.2 last night.  I could almost watch the power indicator go down.  I used to be able to go 1 to 2 days before recharging.  Today the battery went dead in the early afternoon.  Hope this get's fixed soon.

0 Likes
martindp33

I too am having battery life issues after update.

0 Likes