Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
BK7

I unchecked "Auto-rotate screen" in the display settings and have not seen sensorserver_ya reappear in my battery use page. I have not yet missed the auto-rotate feature, and have yet to see what kind of improvement, if any, there is from changing this option.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
paulaf2129

Please, let me be added to your count, which must be up there!!  This problem is unbelievable!!  Funny how customer service says 6 hours is "unheard of." When you read the reviews online, they boast all about how long the battery lasts on this phone!!  I used to just plug in late at night, wake up and go.  Now i'm lucky if my phone lasts a few hours!!! 

Of course, when I called customer service, they were "shocked" and had "no idea" there were issues about this and that it wasn't a one-time fluke!  My response was, "Have you read the forum on YOUR website??!!!"  I don't like liars.  The issue is well known.

0 Likes
rcowling9982

Count me in. 

0 Likes
Birdie17660

Yes I'm having the same issue and I use my phone very little - Within 19 hours my battery is down to 48% and I had 3 text messages and 1 phone call lasting 7 seconds.  My battery life use to be 2 1/2 days and that's with more talk time.  My husband has the same phone and he has the same problem, this is outrageous.

0 Likes
ScottyTheLab

My wife is having the same problem.  Great Battery life with 2.1 and now lucky to get through the day with 2.2.  She uses this for her business and IS NOT happy about this.  I hope there is an update soon or it won't be pretty!

0 Likes
brianm72

Last week I heard 2.2 was available and decided to come here and read reviews before updating.  I'm sure glad I did.  It looks like tons are having battery issues.  My mother has the same phone and told me the same day she is having battery issues all of a sudden.  I asked if she had updated to 2.2, and sure enough she did.  So count at least one more.

I'm perfectly happy with 2.1 for now.  Sure, the upgrade would be nice but it looks like Samsung and Verizon rushed it out there (even though it took forever), without doing basic real world testing.  The right way to do this would've been to select a few hundred or so customers for the update and get feedback after a month.  Now they've got an even bigger problem on their hands than when everyone was beating their doors down for the update.

0 Likes
shoecrazy

I too called and reported the problem to Verizon, and was told I was the only one who has reported having an issue with shortened battery life. Come on! Anyway, Verizon’s fix was to send me an extended battery (which is GINORMOUS by the way). It does help but now I'm torn as to was my battery just wasted, or is this enormous new battery just so much better than the standard that the draining effects don’t show on it?

The thing that gets me is, I was soooooo happy with my phone before. I would rave and recommend it to anyone looking for a new phone. It was awesome! And now that Verizon has the latest and greatest coming out it seems like they have deliberately sabotaged this phone into a worthless brick I tote around in my purse. One thing is for sure I will be upgrading my phone as soon as possible now. Just like they wanted me to do…

0 Likes
Gad2103
Add me to this count please. Even with everything turned off and following all the best battery saving tactics, I'm getting atrocious battery life. In my opinion verizon should come clean and allow everyone to change phones if they purchased a fascinate (for $200!) they have done nothing but lie since its inception and if this were a car there would have been a factory recall. Has anyone been able to get a new phone for free sighting these issues? Please respond with haggling suggestions!

0 Likes
Gad2103
We need to all figure out what we can do. We were all lied to when we bought this phone -- froyo update "any day now" six months ago. Obviously verizon employees were instructed to say that so they could turn even more of a profit off of a defective product. I was considering waiting for the iphone but was dumb enough to trust the salesperson (imagine that John Lennon, a business telling the truth! Add that to a verse in your song.)

As far as I'm concerned this is unacceptable. I'm not sure what to do. Perhaps swarming verizon stores in large groups will help? Calling customer service over and over? I would like to do whatever I can to help everyone get what they are owed. Please reply or contact me with ideas. If we act together they will come around!
0 Likes
Gad2103
Any news on this? Have you gotten anywhere?
0 Likes