Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
AJWilk

I am having battery issues as well.  Before 2.2 I could go all day and charge overnight.  This morning I only got about 5-6 hours, much of that time in standby.  I have attempted the following to address the battery issue (none have worked):

Screen Brightness on lowest setting

Wifi off

GPS off

Drained battery > removed/reinstalled battery > fully recharged before turning back on

Multiple "battery saving" apps

Glad to see that Verizon is looking into the issue.  I hope to see some results soon, with battery life like I've experienced post 2.2 the phone is almost unusable.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone Who is have a Battery life issue since the update post here so we can have a count.
espozito5

mine barely last through a work day and i dont use it that much at all cuple of calls 5-6 text messages mostly sits there on my desk 

i take my phone off charger at 730 am its orange by 530 pm

Droid_Does_XXX wrote:

I am going through 2 batteries a day now before it was 1 a day. Not sure what they did but if you are having the issue post here.

0 Likes
jbw1950

My battery life is cut in half.  If use any apps....sucks the life right out : ((

0 Likes
3dman

My battery life is much worse after the 2.2 update. I changed some of the display settings, it is slightly better, but unacceptable compared to before.

0 Likes
Not applicable

We totally agree with you.  It will not be this way forever though.  In the meantime, it may cause us to loose a little hair in the process (from stress).  This issue is making its way through the Samsung ranks and we are doing our best to speed things along.  I am on board with you all and it does help to know you are not the only ones with the issues here.  I will keep you all posted on any updates I come across, and thanks again for your patience.

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

dcc829 wrote:

FINALLY SOME ONE WHO IS ACKNOWLEDGING THE PROBLEM!!!!

Before the 2.2 update i could go one and a half to two days without charging my phone. Now I'm lucky to get eight hours out of it!! My phone is completely dead halfway through the afternoon, and thats just from being in my pocket during work and not even being used!! 

I updated on Thursday night and immediately noticed the difference. I called into Verizon on Sunday afternoon and the woman acted like I was crazy and making it all up. She was very condescending and told me that I was lucky to have gotten so much out of my battery before, because the average smartphone only lasts 6 hours on a charge. I explained to her that I don't even use my phone all that much. Mostly just for texting and E-mail. She stuck to her answer that the phone should only be lasting 6 hours and said they have had no other complaints about this. 

So Monday night I called back and had my boyfriend speak to them because I was so fed up with getting the run-around.  The man that he spoke to also said that the battery on a smartphone lasting more than six hours is unheard of.

snipped to remove unrelated.

I agree. I also barely use my phone. My phone has been off the charger for 22 hours 59 minutes. I still have about half charge. If I could figure out how to put a pic in here I could show it. The phones are capable of lasting more than 6 hours. And yes this is post update.

0 Likes
telveer
Contributor - Level 1

I had what I thought was a battery issue after upgrading to 2.2. However, after a few days - I realized I had two different Facebook syncs and Hotmail sync enabled every one hour. I removed all syncs except Gmail and FB. Now, I get very good battery life. I have the habit of fully charging the phone every night but there were a few cases when I forgot and I could manage the second day without charge with light use

0 Likes
Cr318
Due to Verizon publishing this update which renders my phone a brick in 6 hours, I ordered two new phones from at_t. I tried multiple times to resolve the issue with Verizon but basically they said there was nothing they could do. I have been a vzw customer since air touch... it's a real shame that they can so tightly control, test and delay updates for months and still can't get them right. I'll take a couple more dropped calls if my phone's battery lasts long enough for me to make calls.
0 Likes
chandru118

Like most of you my phone battery drains lot faster after the froyo update. This is really unacceptable. Hope Verizon fixes it soon. The vibrate intensity is low too.

0 Likes
graysayer

+1 Less than 12 hours with almost no use and everything I could think of turned off or minimized.

Factory settings before with little to moderate use 2 days

0 Likes