Re: Any updates from Verizon on their (or Samsung's) progress toward fixing these multiple 2.2 probl
jmaxwell92264

ChristinaB_VZW wrote:

CoachClark wrote:

I have had all of the same issues with the Fascinate.

Before the update the phone worked great, once I updated to 2.2.1:

It's incredibly slow

Battery life is 2 hrs

Freezes

Will sometime detect a usb connection (when there is none and I'm holding the phone)

just to mentions some

The major issue for me is THE BLUE TOOTH CONNECTION DOES NOT WORK.  IT'S ALWAYS "PAIRED" BUT CONNECTS AND MOSTLY DISCONNECTS RANDOMLY.  I HAVE AN AUDI Q7 AND IT WORKED GREAT UNTIL THE UPDATE.  WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A CALL AND IT DROPS, I FIND MYSELF SEARCHING AROUND FOR THE PHONE WHILE I'M DRIVING SO I CAN CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION.  THE VERY THING THAT I PURCHASED FOR SAFETY IS GOING TO GET ME KILLED !!!

If you have automatic credit card payment, stop it, don't pay your bill and see if they will listen to you then.  I'm no longer paying over $200 a month to die in a car crash!

Hi CoachClark,

Effective 07/28/11, an update is available on the Fascinate and the issues you describe. This is not an update to the Gingerbread software, but it is an update from ED04 to ED05. to get the software on your device, follow the steps below:

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press About Phone (Scroll down to find)

Press System Updates

Please note that this update can take approximately 30 minutes, and you should have at least 50% battery power when you complete it. 

I have also supplied a link below that provides you with the steps, as well as the benefits of this upgrade.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

The above isn't very helpful.  I get a "Webpage not found" message when I click on the link.

0 Likes
Re: Any updates from Verizon on their (or Samsung's) progress toward fixing these multiple 2.2 probl
Veraky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Downloading the update as i type this although I never had any issues with my fascinate so im not expecting much and unfortunately won't be able to say if it fixes anything. The link above does exist but isn't linked properly, this should work: http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html Hope this update works for everyone else!

0 Likes
danielfamily

Interesting that you are "downloading the update" when I am still getting "server unavailable." I took the phone to my local Verizon store and they said they would have to wipe the phone clean in order to make the update. That seems to be their standard approach to everything. Interesting that last update that screwed my phone up came to me from Verizon automatically and did not require wiping my phone clean. I've had it with Verizon over this issue. Time to move on.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its been 24 hours and so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed

0 Likes