Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I have 3 Fascinates. Starting sometime in the last month or two, all 3 are experiencing:

- Missed calls

- not sending and/or receiving text messages.

- Battery life not what it once was.

- GPS still taking too long to lock or will not lock at all.

The above issues need to fixed ASAP as they are the fundamental reasons to have a smart phone

or any phone for that matter.

All three purchased new from Verizon Sept 2010.

All three have had factory resets done and MEID resets by Verizon tech.

None have ever been rooted or messed with.

None have ever had a task killer installed.

Problems occur after a factory reset and prior to installing any market apps.

I do not and will not replace 3 new phones with 3 refurbished.

The problem is not in the hardware.  This is an android/software issue.

So 'whomever' is responsible, please fix

OR allow us to early upgrade to a different non-samsung phone

if neither Verizon nor Samsung can or will fix this soon.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
Not applicable

I need to clarify a little further on this. I will be bolding words, but please do not take it as internet yelling.  I need to make some stuff stand out though. 

On 7-8-11, Verizon Wireless implemented a POLICY on the Fascinate.  Whenever a new policy comes along, all 80,000+ employees are not going to be aware of it immediately.  Not that it's excusable, but it happens from time to time.

If you go to a Verizon Wireless CORPORATE store, and they are unfamiliar with the process, I will post info to guide them on the new policy.  I cannot post the policy because I could get canned, but I can post how to get to the policy. 

Where is this policy? There are 2 ways to get there:

1) Open up InfoManager.  In the search box, type in: "Samsung Fascinate Not Receiving Calls."  This will bring up several search results.  It's the first result that shows up.

2) There is an OST article number for this information.  The OST that can also be typed in the Infomanager search box is 70946.  This will bring up several search results as well.  It's the first option.

Things to note:  This missed call issue is intermittent. 

**There is no fix for it.  It can't be master reset, updated with new software (at this time), battery pulled, *228 update, or network troubleshot.  It does NOT need to be duplicated in-store for a replacement as it is intermittent.  Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn't. When it's a known intermittent issue, we should NOT need to duplicate it in the store. **

I hope this helps someone.  This is applicable to Verizon Wireless in both the stores and over-the-phone tech support.  Customer care cannot process these requests over the phone. You MUST speak with tech support.

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Dear MikeS1,

You are awesome!  Thanks.

Former Fascinate Owner

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

More thanks and gratitude to Mike! Because he posted info on the policy in my account, I was able to go to a Verizon store this afternoon and get set up to receive a Droid Charge in the mail.

0 Likes
norelake

I'm also missing phone calls, not fun when my income is dependent on getting calls.

0 Likes
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about if I purchased the phone at a non-Verizon store?  Can I still get a new phone?

0 Likes
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another question: how do I know which store in my area is a corporate store?  When I go to the "find a store" icon & put in my zip code, it only tells me which ones take payments, etc.  Help me out, please?

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

suzigirl wrote:

What about if I purchased the phone at a non-Verizon store?  Can I still get a new phone?

Yes you can.

0 Likes
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

0 Likes
bluebasil

Tech support at *611 knew what to do and what to offer me.  He didn't offer the Charge right away but when I mentioned it he explained I would have to go to store.  He also said he would put a note on my acct.

Today I went back to the corp store.  Spoke to the manager and the same rep from yesterday.  Neither knew about the issue, or the alert but on my prompting they searched and found it.  Neither of them had serviced a return quite like this and both were very surprised at the way it panned out on their screens: "you got a great deal!"

Charge and SIM will be mailed to me 2 day fedex.  I expect I'll have the new phone on Monday.  Apparently I have 5 days to return the fascinate after I get the Charge.

0 Likes