Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
bellerin1

Thanks for the update!  I'm still holding out on a software update soon since it seems like 99% of the people on this board had trouble switching out their phone.   Last I heard the fix had been developed and tested on June 30th.  Here's hoping it gets pushed to the phones by the end of the month at the latest. 

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

bellerin1 wrote:

Thanks for the update!  I'm still holding out on a software update soon since it seems like 99% of the people on this board had trouble switching out their phone.   Last I heard the fix had been developed and tested on June 30th.  Here's hoping it gets pushed to the phones by the end of the month at the latest. 

Same here, I want to keep my fascinate since it now has Netflix installed on it.
0 Likes
hestia

I DID NOT want to  give up my Fascinate, I love it so much, but I spoke with someone in the executive offices yesterday who informed me the update was not coming any time soon and I can't afford to miss calls.  In fact, their first call to me yesterday was missed by the phone.  Forty five minutes later  they called again and the phone rang.  I didn't notice I missed the first call until I saw the message icon at the top of the phone after I had hung up with them.  There was no record of  the missed call on the phone.   I need to get my phone calls 😞  So, I chose the Droid X2. 

0 Likes
bellerin

If a fix is not coming anytime soon, I too might need to make the switch to the charge.  My phone before the fascinate was a samsung and I am willing to give them 1 more shot.  Like you I can't afford to keep missing texts and phone calls.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I am running Version ED05

and my missed Call problem is gone

After 3 months of hell I now Have my phone working I think the fix worked so be patient and it will happen

I am Very happy I did not need or want a Different phone all I wanted was my Fascinate Working and it is The call bug is not on my phone anymore

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

After 3 months of hell I now Have my phone working I think the fix worked so be patient and it will happen

I am Very happy I did not need or want a Different phone all I wanted was my Fascinate Working and it is The call bug is not on my phone anymore

ward, were you able to download this via System Updates - Check New? Or was it already on your phone when Samsung shipped it back to you? I would like to update my phone so I can sell it. I do not want to sell a broken phone so I will not try to sell it with the current software on it. When I check for software updates it says no new updates. I've pulled the battery, cleared the cache, and still no update available. Thanks.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

no_service wrote:

wardcst24 wrote:

ward, were you able to download this via System Updates - Check New? Or was it already on your phone when Samsung shipped it back to you? I would like to update my phone so I can sell it. I do not want to sell a broken phone so I will not try to sell it with the current software on it. When I check for software updates it says no new updates. I've pulled the battery, cleared the cache, and still no update available. Thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1178544

If you want to PM any ? I can Help it is a easy process

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1178544

If you want to PM any ? I can Help it is a easy process

Oh, ok, thanks. I should be able to handle that myself without a problem. This is my last week with Verizon so first I will wait to see if it comes OTA while I am still on Verizon service. I'd prefer OTA just to make sure the person I sell my phone to doesn't have any trouble from Verizon because of it. But if it doesn't happen before I switch carriers, I will do it myself and just disclose it to any potential buyer. Glad your phone is finally working after all your trouble!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

This wil put you to build 2.2.2 Instead of 2.2.1

It truly is a treat to get ALL my Calls

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

wardcst24 wrote:

This wil put you to build 2.2.2 Instead of 2.2.1

It truly is a treat to get ALL my Calls

UPDATE

ED05 2.2.2 Leak

That I put on my phone is great

I let my phone sit all night after I charged it and it rang this morning

My Battery life is at 94% with a Time on of 15h 41m 51s

I have not had any freezes

I Would not trade this for any phone that Verizon Has PERIOD

I Can not believe how this phone is running if this is the one Verizon is going to OTA it is Great

So either wait for OTA or go to XDA and do some reading

Fascinate and Samsung  Rock

0 Likes