Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
Tarrant

Mike, et al,

I called earlier today, and there seems to be a disconnect between the people in tech support and the fact that this forum even exists.

I mentioned the problems explained in detail here, and the directions we were given, and I was told, verbatim, that "the community boards are just other customers and it's easy for rumors to get started there."  Further, the rep stated that "if VZW employees are posting on those boards, they aren't supposed to be.  They're not authorized to do that."  I was told explicitly to disregard any of the instructions I'd been given here, and to disregard any of the information provided by Mike or any other VZW employee on these boards.

I was eventually escalated to an employee who claimed to be unaware of the issue with the Fascinate.  After I explained in great, angry length, in detail, she suddenly became aware of this issue and offered to replace my phone.

Somebody needs to do some coordinating between your departments, or you're going to risk **bleep** off your Fascinate user base even further.

Best,

T

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Tarrant wrote:

Mike, et al,

I called earlier today, and there seems to be a disconnect between the people in tech support and the fact that this forum even exists.

I mentioned the problems explained in detail here, and the directions we were given, and I was told, verbatim, that "the community boards are just other customers and it's easy for rumors to get started there."  Further, the rep stated that "if VZW employees are posting on those boards, they aren't supposed to be.  They're not authorized to do that."  I was told explicitly to disregard any of the instructions I'd been given here, and to disregard any of the information provided by Mike or any other VZW employee on these boards.

I was eventually escalated to an employee who claimed to be unaware of the issue with the Fascinate.  After I explained in great, angry length, in detail, she suddenly became aware of this issue and offered to replace my phone.

Somebody needs to do some coordinating between your departments, or you're going to risk **bleep** off your Fascinate user base even further.

Best,

T

Same thing happened to me. I just got off the phone with tech support. I was told they had no idea what Mike was referring to and furthermore they claim they are not able to access the forums themselves. So I read them Mike's posting with the promise of a new policy for the missed call issue and was informed that this only meant that a software fix was in the works but not yet available.

0 Likes
PreceptorJR
Enthusiast - Level 2

My rep wasn't quite as belligerent, but she told me that she had no idea that there was even an issue with the Fascinate and to try a *228 update or replace my phone with another warranty Fascinate.

0 Likes
nienie

There were three comparable phones to choose from.  The Samsung Droid Charge, HTC Incredible 2, Droid X2 by Motorola..  You are paying Verizon for cellular phone services.  These services should work.  If they sold you the phone then it really is their problem- PERIOD.  Don't let them jerk you around.  You deserve a phone that works as this is part of your contract.  Don't give in to factory reset and getting a million other fascinate phones sent to you because this does not solve the problem.  My phone works worse since allowing them to talk me into resetting it. 

When calling into Verizon remember they have call centers all over the US.  If you don't like what you are hearing.  Hang up and call again.  The biggest thing I have found is don't back down.  Fight it out with them.  I spent over two hours fighting then hung up and called again and was able to get a replacement phone..  Bottom line is they are providing a service with equipment that you have bought through them that they state works.  I don't care if it is a Samsung phone- Verizon sold it so Verizon needs to fix it.  There should be no more of we understand how inconvenient this is and we are waiting for a fix.  Not acceptable.  Most people need their cellular phones to work and the fascinate is not reliable and has MAJOR issues.  Good luck...

0 Likes
ajjohn25

i just got back from the vzw corp store my charge will be here tomorrow thanx mike for the help.. you dont even need to call tech support all the reps at the store had the new email policy for the fascinate right at there desk and didnt even do any troubleshooting..

0 Likes
bluebasil

I was at the VZW corp store in Milwaukee today.  The rep told me there is no bulletin, no update, no known issues with the Fascinate.  I told him I thought he was wrong about this.  He reset my phone and told me to come back if I continue to have issues.

EDIT:  Called customer support and spoke to level 2 tech who knew exactly what was going on and how to help me.

0 Likes
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, how did they help you?  Did you end up with a new/different phone at no cost?

0 Likes
cmjacks1

I bought the Samsung Fascinate about 2 months ago and I really loved the phone. I was having a slight issue with the phone re-sending old text messages to people prior to the update. But, after the update I began having more issues. I called verizon via 611 a week ago and did some troubleshooting. The troubleshooting was literally just to take the battery out of the phone. The women said if the problem persists to call back. I called back 2 days ago and a tier 2 tech said we have a resolution which was to replace my phone with either the Charge, X2, or Incredible 2. I chose the Charge which had to be ordered from a store. When I went to verizon store yesterday--they stated they would not replace the phone with any other phone than a Fascinate. I asked if the call-in cust. service was authorized to make these decisions and they simply said that it comes down to what his store manager says. I like the fascinate, but wanted Verizon to do what they told me they would do. I called cust. service when I left the store and verizon techs called the store and had them process the order and my new Charge is being overnighted. 

Is it normal for Verizon stores to dissent from the call-in cust. service?

0 Likes
nienie

When dealing with Verizon you have to be firm and down right angry.  Let them know you will NOT take another fascinate and that you expect them to replace your phone.  Let them know all the problems you have had.  Factory reset does NOTHING- if anything it makes your phone worse.

There were three comparable phones to choose from.  The Samsung Droid Charge, HTC Incredible 2, Droid X2 by Motorola..  You are paying Verizon for cellular phone services.  These services should work.  If they sold you the phone then it really is their problem- PERIOD.  Don't let them jerk you around.  You deserve a phone that works as this is part of your contract.  Don't give in to factory reset and getting a million other fascinate phones sent to you because this does not solve the problem.  My phone works worse since allowing them to talk me into resetting it. 

When calling into Verizon remember they have call centers all over the US.  If you don't like what you are hearing.  Hang up and call again.  The biggest thing I have found is don't back down.  Fight it out with them.  I spent over two hours fighting then hung up and called again and was able to get a replacement phone..  Bottom line is they are providing a service with equipment that you have bought through them that they state works.  I don't care if it is a Samsung phone- Verizon sold it so Verizon needs to fix it.  There should be no more of we understand how inconvenient this is and we are waiting for a fix.  Not acceptable.  Most people need their cellular phones to work and the fascinate is not reliable and has MAJOR issues.  Good luck...

0 Likes
salerno72

New to the forum, and super glad i am not the only one having these issues. Been to verizon 5 times in the last two weeks since they upgraded my phone to Froyo. I am missing calls/txts, its eating my battery to the point where i need a charger everywhere i go, its sluggish, it lags big time. Here is what i have been thru, updated software, was told by verizon to do a master reset, did reset, went back to verizon and they sent a reconditioned fascinate, same issue, told to get rid of task killer and lookout apps which i have had since day 1 (9 months ago). I am so sick of this crap with verizon, if i cannot figure it out i am calling my corporate Verizon rep and I am going to rip him a new {word filter avoidance}. This is their screw up and now we are left to pick up the pieces.

0 Likes