Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
ksaunders
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had nothing but trouble with phone. I really like the phone itself, but do not like not receiving calls or even a missed call notification!! I'm missing text left and right and to top it all off, the girl at our closest Verizon store told me it was 'not Verizon's problem. It's a Samsung issue.'

Ok. True, but VERIZON is the carrier and ultimately responsibe for this phone.

I have had this phone for just about a month and in that time I have had next to no customer service help at all. Now, I realize that phones being increasingly run like mini computers throws kinks into the mix. I'm open to the idea that stuff happens, but I am NOT open to the RUDE, IT'S-NOT-OUR-PROBLEM attitude that the customer service people have handed me. I have had trouble since day one and every time I called or went in, they said 'here we'll do this and it should work.' It hasn't.

My sister is ill, Verizon, I NEED to be able to receive phone calls from her and this phone is my only option. I do not have a home phone and I chose a Verizon phone because Verizon has the best all over coverage. Period. But you people are rude and need someone big and bad to take all your money so that you'll remember that you don't bully customers just trying to have an issue resolved in good faith.

The customer service guy, on the 2nd teer technical issues, George, did some updates on my phone on the July 6th and said he would call back on my husband's phone the following Sat. Of course, being the blatant, lying, cheating, dispicable people that Verizon is and hires to represent them, he never called back. Sat. I called and finally unleashed on whomever picked up the phone. I would have asked for a supervisor, but the truth is that they would have lied about being one anyways.

Finally, I put my No-nonsense-we're-doing-things-my-way husband on the phone and he FINALLY got them to at least send me a 'like new' phone. Samsung Fascinate, of course Hopefully this one is better, but we'll see. At the very least, we forced them to acknowlege a discount to cover the cost of the plastic screen protector. We'll see if that happens, too.

All in all, Verizon Wireless has defiinately lived up to their reputation as a large, hairy, cheating, coniving bunch of A-holes.

~Katherine Saunders

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
mswendy

Been having this problem since the latest 2 updates. Would get missed calls, no vmail notifications, delayed or no text messages at all (both receiving and sending end). Lousy connection going from 3G to 1x to roaming. (sorry, i did not pay $225.00 a month for crappy **bleep** service..i could have gone to tmobile for that).

Reset my phone. deleted all apps on my phone since verizon customer service said it could possibly be a bug when you access internet sites. *228 several times. took out battery.

Does it work??? NOPE!

Seeing the list of complaints here, Verizon still does not believe it is their fault, nor the phones. Stuck with this **bleep**ty **bleep** phone, and crappy **bleep** service unless I break my 2 yr contract. Only had my phone since Oct 2010. 

What to do?

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I have had a NIB phone not the CPO and it did not help any

As for them saying that it is Samsung's problem Did you order your phone from Samsung or do you pay over 2 hundred to Samsung a Month  I think Verizon had better start thinking a little

And all these phone's should be pull from being sold until they fix this problem

Tells you what kind of Company they are when they are hooking people In to a 2 Year Contract when they know the phone is Broke and Can not receive Calls reliably

0 Likes
nienie

I have done all the updates and in the last six weeks my phone went to hell.  It freezes up so you have to remove the battery.  It won't end calls.  I have frequent missed calls and texts.  I have failed texted.  My alarm does not work.  I have factory reset and reprogrammed.  I refused to have another crappy fascinate sent out.  My mother has had the same problems and was able to get a comparable replacement.  I attempted with the same lady she talked to and she wouldn't replace my phone but would send out another fascinate.  I then hung up on her and called again this time very angry and all my ducks in a row.  I finally got a person that would listen to me and my Droid x 2 is being sent out.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Good for you you will have a phone that works now

I think they Should recall the phones if they can not fix them

and save all there Coustomers the stress we are going through

And Because it is the Right thing to Do

0 Likes
NRR

I can't agree more!  What an unethical company...I don't know why I'm not suprised they still sell the defunct Fascinate!

I find it very "fascinating" (no pun intended!) that some people are offered different phones by "luck of the draw" based on which customer service rep they speak to. Others go through dozens of agents without any reasonable resolution!  Our state's attorney general has now sent on a letter of complaint to Verizon.  I wonder if this will "encourage" Verizon to do the right thing? 

0 Likes
nienie

I agree with Verizon replacing all fascinate phones.  In reading some of the posts about people sending in their phones more then once and still having the problem I realize how lucky I am.  I just know how frustrating it is.  I am a nurse and rely on my phone for work.  I was so upset tonight that I was going to make it my mission to call them numerous times a day until i was able to find a person that would help me.  I know that when you do talk with someone that is helpful to get there name.  I had a Nick out of Maryland and a Dustin from I don't know where that were awesome and immediately are willing to replace the phone. 

I can tell you since having to factory reset my phone it now is working even worse then before so If you haven''t done a factory reset -DON'T!!!!!

0 Likes
hestia

I absolutely think Verizon should recall all the Fascinates until the problem is fixed.  It's unbelievable that they shrug and won't take responsibility and refer you to Samsung.  They sell, no, they push the bloody things (I was talked out of  the X), they should take responsibility.  We're paying 100s of dollars for God's sake.  I've been thinking about contacting out Attorney General about this as well, since Verizon clearly won't recitfy the problem.

0 Likes
jhieber

I got my Droid X2 on Friday the 8th and guess what I haven't missed a call or a text at all! Keep complaining my friends make them replace your phone with a different phone, don't accept no for an answer. I spoke to a supervisor named Rose, never got angry never raised my voice and she was very helpful and sent the new phone.

0 Likes
dvprl

I talked to a Verizon customer support guy and he said:

1) it's Google's problem because it's an Android problem,

2) no, they can't replace the phone unless it's with another Fascinate (and they can only do that because the phone is still under warranty), and

c) there are thousands of people using Fascinates with no problem so the fact that there are "a few people" having problems doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the phone.

I was floored by his responses! Talk about feeling helpless.

I did download Softlocker and I don't THINK I've missed any calls since then, but I'm not sure. Every time I test call the phone, it does ring and I have received a number of real calls. However, my battery life is terrible. I've had everything except the phone turned off (data, gps, wifi, ...) and it seems to go from near full to nothing left every evening (earlier if I turn on anything). I downloaded JuiceDefender and have been running that but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I tried it on Balanced and Aggressive.

0 Likes