Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
Zakth

Okay now I am really upset about this issue. Went into work today and one of the weekend shift managers told me he tried calling all weekend asking me to come in. I could have made double time and a half which would have been an extra $900 in my pocket! And because of this issue I didn't!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
Tarrant

This is happening to me as well -- I initially thought the people who'd said they'd tried to call or text were either mistaken or lying.  Obviously, that isn't the case here.

This is -completely- unacceptable.  If this issue isn't resolved within 72 hours, I will be taking legal steps to dissolve my remaining contractual obligation to Verizon Wireless.

Best,

Tim

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Tarrant wrote:

This is happening to me as well -- I initially thought the people who'd said they'd tried to call or text were either mistaken or lying.  Obviously, that isn't the case here.

This is -completely- unacceptable.  If this issue isn't resolved within 72 hours, I will be taking legal steps to dissolve my remaining contractual obligation to Verizon Wireless.

Best,

Tim

Fix was the following: Call cust service. Tell them you're having a problem with your phone and please transfer you to tech support. Tell tech support the problem. Tell them according to the Verizon Wireless community forums, this is a probable fix. Have them 'remove/drop' your phone from their network. They'll need the MEID for this under the battery. Then have them add your phone back to their network. Should take all of a couple minutes, tops. Once they've readded it. Call *228 and do option '1' to activate your phone. Then try the update again. Odds are the updates will now work. This has fixed this exact problem for a lot of people. good luck.
0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

nickjr wrote:
Fix was the following: Call cust service. Tell them you're having a problem with your phone and please transfer you to tech support. Tell tech support the problem. Tell them according to the Verizon Wireless community forums, this is a probable fix. Have them 'remove/drop' your phone from their network. They'll need the MEID for this under the battery. Then have them add your phone back to their network. Should take all of a couple minutes, tops. Once they've readded it. Call *228 and do option '1' to activate your phone. Then try the update again. Odds are the updates will now work. This has fixed this exact problem for a lot of people. good luck.

I don't know where you're getting this information that this has fixed the missed calls and text problem for a lot of people because it simply hasn't. 

0 Likes
dvprl

Yeah, if this really fixes it, I'd sure like to know. Who has tried this? Did it work?

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

dvprl wrote:

Yeah, if this really fixes it, I'd sure like to know. Who has tried this? Did it work?

Well, many of us have done this for ourselves by activating a different phone and then reactivating the Fascinate (this does the exact same thing as described by nickjr) and it certainly did not solve the problem.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

no_service wrote:

dvprl wrote:

Well, many of us have done this for ourselves by activating a different phone and then reactivating the Fascinate (this does the exact same thing as described by nickjr) and it certainly did not solve the problem.

Several members used this technique and it worked for them, so I just posted it for everyone to give it a try, I figure it was better than doing a factory reset.. what do you have to lose by trying it???
0 Likes
MBF

nickjr wrote:

no_service wrote:

dvprl wrote:

Several members used this technique and it worked for them, so I just posted it for everyone to give it a try, I figure it was better than doing a factory reset.. what do you have to lose by trying it???

This helps when 3G is dropping. This doesn't fix the missed call bug as that will require an updated rom/radio.

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

nickjr wrote:

Well, that's kind of like asking what do you have to lose by standing on your head and repeating the pledge of allegiance 50 times. It's a waste of time and will not fix the problem. You can still do it if you want of course but it has nothing to do with this issue. The missed call and text problem is not a signal issue so cannot be fixed by doing what you suggest. It is a software issue that at least in part has to do with the sleep function that can ONLY be fixed with new software. Now if you have a signal issue, that is a completely different issue than this thread is about. Also, a factory reset cannot fix the problem either, so no reason to try that for this issue.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I can say I have done the reset at least 10 times it does not work for me

6 times Sending my phone in to Samsung 4 others

of the 6 times Sending it in The phone I activated while my fascinate was in the mail ( Casio Rock ) the 11 days each time never missed one call

as soon as I would get my phone back (The Fascinate) and reactive it I would start missing calls

So Reset are of no use with missed call Issue for me any way What may have helped some has had no effect for me

I can Not get a Fascinate to Work for Me--Nor Can Samsung

0 Likes