Re: Android 4.2.2 update!!
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

anyone in NY ge the 4.2.2 update

0 Likes
Dankees
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in New York (Long Island), and none of us have gotten it, yet.

>Comment deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
TheDullah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah no problem

0 Likes
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live on LI also. Itried the force approach with no luck. Whatever you do don't call Verizon for help. They know nothing about the update and will have you troubleshooting your phone until you lose your patience. They tried to blame Samsung for the funny things happening to my phone. Please post when you receive the update. I will do the same.

0 Likes
lazynay

I'm in NYC and have not received the update either.  Have not tried the force approach and don't plan on trying it.

Ah joys of Verizon.

0 Likes
lazynay

So I finally just got the OTA update notification but after reading some of the horror stories on this forum about battery and heat issues, I'm holding off on installing this "upgrade"

Pretty poor that we finally get an update, 4 versions late, and when we do it cuts the battery life by ~75%.  Appears Vzw is distributing new handsets en masse to those complaining of these issues if they're unable to resolve through the Exchange fix.  Par for the course I suppose.

0 Likes
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live on LI NY and I just received the update. Will need time to evaluate. I will post later today.

0 Likes
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a few minor hiccups. Phone rebooted ea time I made a call. Some bluetooth issues. However I resolved all of them by turning off the phone removing battery for 10 seconds and restarting. Phone seems much faster and camera is really worth it.

0 Likes
twowheelryder

Wise choice to hold off!  I am experiencing the same issue regarding the battery getting hot and drains within an hour or so.  Exchange services appears to be consuming 68% to 75% of the battery.  Tried just about everything I can think of including deleting the email accounts and removing the battery etc.

I had no problems with my GNex until I installed the OTA JB 4.2.2 update this past Friday. I searched this forum and other Android forums and tried numerous suggestions and nothing seems to work. I did not have any issues when Verizon initially pushed out JB. However, I will no longer apply any updates for at least a month if not more so I don't go through this headache again. I have two batteries and I think my extended battery is toast now. Maybe the constant drain and recharging the past fews days finally taken it's toll.  Verizon owes me an extended battery and maybe a new phone.

0 Likes
mzjts

I don't like it.  1. The Lock Screen looks amateurish.  They bolded half the time but not the other.  It looks like my 10yo designed it.  2. Battery life seems hosed.  The phone has been warm all day.  Never had that trouble before.  Fully charged battery lasted 5 hours. 

But if I can go a couple days without the random reboot - I'll be happy.

0 Likes