Android 4.2.2 OTA update & "Project Butter"!
a1exus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know for a fact this is _NOT_ just me! What happened to smoothness of Android? Ever since I update my phone to 4.2.2 (I even did factory reset) from 4.1.1 I think Project Butter went south, my phone seems a lot more choppier that it ever was even back to ICS days.

I'm kind of curiose if Verizon / Samsung / Google is aware of this? Is there any ETA on fix for this? You guys are killing us here!

Please advise.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android 4.2.2 OTA update & "Project Butter"!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi A1exus,  We don't want you to have Parkay or margarine, strictly Butter!  I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot even going as far as a factory reset! Once the reset was completed did you immediately install the same applications on the device? Does this happen in every function of the phone or just ceratin tasks? I am eager to continue troubleshooting to bring back the speed!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
a1exus
Enthusiast - Level 2

oh finally, your login system is fixed now! I've been meaning to reply but couldn't login to forum for few days...

just to give you an idea (and there are few more issues that has been filed w/ Google)

Issue 51254 - android - Lag / stuttering when switching desktops after some time of deep sleep Andro...

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

I think "buttery" is a meaningless metaphor for computers. Computers, like humans, either are accommodating or they're not. Aside from artificial intelligence, the rule of electronics is GIGO (garbage in / garbage out).

One suggestion (if you haven't tried it yet when your phone is behaving badly or not at all) is leave the power on and remove the battery and sim card for 30 seconds and reinstall them. Power back up and see if that doesn't clear up the operating system a bit. If not, you may need to uninstall and reinstall some of your apps. Beyond that, a full factory data reset may be required (don't be shy or nervous, everyone eventually goes through this... look in Settings for Backup and Restore). Before doing that, make certain that your phone/email contacts have been backed up to another device or cloud drive such as Google Drive and Dropbox. Apps can generally be restored from their source such as Google Play Store and Amazon App Store.

On a personal note, I had to factory reset my Nexus after the OTA Android 4.2.2 update. The much publicized problems with this last (final?) update were well cleared up, at least for me. Best wishes.

0 Likes
a1exus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think this is considers to be pretty wide and known issue as there were several "Issues" was created by multiple users (one of them I provided link before)

jbmcdroid

in order to answer someone else's question you need to read ENTIRE question/post first, as in my initial post I already said that a full factory reset (that you're suggesting) was done prior posting here. If you don't know the answer why even bother replying? it's not useful and all it does is just confuses everyone else...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

a1exus wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I think this is considers to be pretty wide and known issue as there were several "Issues" was created by multiple users (one of them I provided link before)

jbmcdroid

in order to answer someone else's question you need to read ENTIRE question/post first, as in my initial post I already said that a full factory reset (that you're suggesting) was done prior posting here. If you don't know the answer why even bother replying? it's not useful and all it does is just confuses everyone else...

When you did the factory reset, you make sure to NOT let the phone reinstall your downloaded app and data from the Google backup?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

I apologize for the 'basics' in my suggestions. Would you mind answering those Verizon questions in your first reply so we can proceed to a more amiable position of helping everyone with like issues?

0 Likes