Android 4.2.1 / EOL
a1exus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm going to sum up majority of topics here:

* EOL for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (really? already?)

* Android 4.2.x (GSM updated long time ago and Sprint already pushes their update (4.2.1) w/ new Samsung kernel as well to their Galaxy Nexus)

.. now, I'm not going even bother asking "WHY" is it taking so long as honestly whatever answer will be it is still unacceptable since even Sprint (who was last to join Galaxy Nexus family) is already ahead of Verizon, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't announced EOL either...

here is the thing, if I wanted to go w/ 3rd party ROMs, I'd pick a phone w/ better hardware yet I picked Nexus, so I have "Google experience", yet thanks to Verizon to ruining this experience. I've been w/ Verizon Wireless for over dozen of years and I have to say, I do like network (coverage) but line has to be drawn somewhere...

I propose to owner of Samsung Galaxy Nexus to go to Verizon's Facebook/Twitter and start posting inquires there for everyone to see, maybe then they either going get tired of deleting our posts or will make an announcement so at least we're not kept in dark and out of loop on when update is coming and how long Galaxy Nexus will be really supported and if for whatever reason Verizon refuses to support this device at very least you should let Google/Samsung support it!

Who's with me?

Re: Android 4.2.1 / EOL
Brent72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree that something needs to be done about this ASAP!!!