Re: Android 2.3 Gingerbread - WHEN!
thornbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even though VZW is no longer selling the Fascinate new, other resellers are.  Best Buy had the Fascinate in their ad last week.

- Tim

0 Likes
pastelball
But, are the other retailers going to provide software upgrades or support?
0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

My 2 cents.

I'd 'prefer' to install the stock Gingerbread when it becomes available.

I believe I've read where the major phone manufacturers and carriers have committed to Google

to support and release Android updates for 18 months beyond the phones initial release date.

So, for the Fascinate, that would be 18 months past 9/8/2010.

I'd be OK with that policy, if its true and indeed if carriers ageed to it.

That way when I sign up for a new contract, and can get a phone in 20 months, I'd be supported,

via android upgrades thru that 20 month period.

Soo....I agree with the original post..   Everyone else releasing Gingerbread, so ...how about it

Samsung and Verizon??? 

To me, the 'post' sale support and software upgrades far more important than saving a couple bucks on

the initial sale of the phone to me.

Whichever carrier/manufacturer is going to provide the best Android support/releases...is going to get my money.

Thanks.

0 Likes
critofur

I know several people have cancelled their Verizon Wireless contracts because of slow/poor support of the Fascinate, myself included.

I still love my Fascinate, will update myself to 2.3 "Gingerbread" later this week, I think.

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
pastelball
It will never happen. Vzw could care less. They will make sure the new ones have it.
0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be nice if it did happen, but after the froyo experience...

0 Likes
pastelball
Atleast they could give it to us. All the problems everyone was having and still would show us they mighy care. But, most everyone is under contract so if you leave they still get money because of thr etf. Win, win for them
0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

BUMP !

Come on Verizon,   Please release Gingerbread for the Fascinate.

And if its not you, Verizon, holding up the release, then please push Samsung to release it.

I do not expect to get ICS for the Fascinate, but I certainly expected to get Android 2.3...Gingerbread.

Thanks.

0 Likes
pastelball
If you had to pay to get 2.3 the would let you. Its all about the money.
0 Likes