Re: Android 2.2
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

EdW_VZW wrote:

Thanks to our Community Members for all the feedback. We apologize for any delay; we understand and truly do appreciate your excitement concerning the impending release of Froyo 2.2 for the Samsung Fascinate.  We do ask your continued patience as we address the update concerns. The update was announced at the CED 2011, but at this time we do not have a date as to when it will be available since we do not want to set a specific date that may or may not be met with the update delivery.  As stated, the updating process does involve much testing and arranging about how the update will affect the device's operation before it is implemented and finalized. Please understand that Verizon Wireless will release the stable finished update to you as soon as it is ready.

We are committed to giving you the best, and we will not release the update until we are confident that it will run smoothly without issues or bugs. We again appreciate your understanding and patience concerning this matter relating to the update requests. 

Sincerely,

edw@vzwsupport

Thank you for actually addressing the issue in a direct manner, if the delay is to achieve a quality stable product than so be it, I can respect that. What has frustated many Fascinate owners is the refusal of Samsung & Verizon to officially make an announcement that the update was being worked on. It was also equally frustating the position that other Fascinate owners took against the so called "whiners". Calling people stupid for believing a Verizon representative telling them that they could expect the update and could  buy with confidence.

I am a patient man and don't have a problem waiting as long as the lines of communications are open and Verizon does not stoop to corporate SILENCE, that I do find insulting. By the way would you mind providing a direct link to the CED 2011 Verizon press release in regards to updating the Fascinate, I missed that release, Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You may have to look under CES 2011 for the information. I think the guy mistyped it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154 your message mentions that the HTC Aria is useless until the end of March. What is you impression of the HTC brand, screen, performance etc.? I was looking at that cell before I got the fascinate but decided against it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I like the HTC phones a lot. The couple of times I played with the Samsung Fascinate or Captivate I couldn't get over the way the app drawer worked. All the other android phones scroll down. I am surprised how snappy the Aria is compared to the Eris. The processor is only slightly faster in the Aria. At the moment I'm leaning towards getting the Thunderbolt after I port back to Verizon. I don't currently use the Sense UI on my DROID Eris, but I did enjoy it. Launcher Pro at the moment. The Aria is using Sense. I haven't had any issues with the build of either phone. I do use a case though so that might change the feel of the phone in the hands. The battery could always be improved. I do get on light days close to 26-28 hours before the battery is at 30% or less. My 3g signal is fairly weak in my area so if I use the data connection a lot the battery drains quickly. 8 hours or so. I keep a charger at work for those days.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, appreciate it!

0 Likes