Android 2.2
llee780

I am really tired of the wait for 2.2  I have had my phone since October and still no 2.2  This is ridiculous.....Verizon...get it done!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.2
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Just go and get it like the rest of us.. It is running without any issues...I do not understand what the hold up really is....
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

llee780 you are in the same boat as a ton of us fascinate owners. Fascinate owners are banning together to send a united message to samsung on April 1st. Follow this link for more information and to sign up. We would be glad to have you! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Contact-Your-April-Fool/171721029544794?sk=wall

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I personally think this is ridiculous.  I know just like others that I do not want to brick my phone but I think I am capable of following the directions.  If I thought the 2.2 was actually going to give me something more noticeable as far as operation without the battery drain, I'd try it.  What I truly find funny is all those who don't want to risk it so they'd rather complain to the point of sounding ridiculous then TAKE CONTROL of the situation themselves.  I have known several people who purchased the iphone from then, the sole provider, and found out what a monopoly it all is to own an iphone.  They have no means of customization with that device and so many of them used the same methods as other posters has suggested in this forum to get the actions out of the device that they ultimately wanted.  It worked way back then, it works now on more than this device.  I have found the same complaint from many users of different carriers.  It's typically, "they only care about me when I am signing the new contract, after that I mean nothing to them because they only care about new signers, not loyal customers."  I find folks that only want to change providers simple because they want someone new to argue and fight with.  Because guess what?  That is exactly what you will get.  The whole facebook whiners fest is ridiculous.  If you can't stand your provider, pay the fee and jump your contract, be smarter about your phone purchase and stop complaining that you bought something on the promise of something with no written guarantees. Maybe then we can get back to what this forum is suppose to be for.  A community of persons trying to help others that own the same type of device, find the tips and tricks and working of the device so we can get the most out of our PHONES.  It is a PHONE with benefits. 

I chose the phone for the hardware.  I chose the provider for coverage. I chose this forum thinking that I would get more help and support.  The only thing I feel cheated on is the junked up posts of complaining that seems to go on here more than advise and helpful hints.  What is next people?  Are you going to join facebook and twitter and any other social network you can and complain that this device doesn't offer 4G?  this whole rant is stupid and getting more ridiculous by the day.  By doing nothing you are choosing to do something and that is lay around like a bunch of sheep waiting on your technology leader to hold your hand into another pasture waiting for slaughter.  WHATEVER already.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ha, the irony is that the mePhone people are complaining about not getting an update now. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

@ALL WHO CLAIM THAT DEMANDING AN UPDATE IS STUPID. I BEG TO DIFFER.

Don't like it...don't do it...go update your phone by yourself. We are, those who decide not to hack our phone, don't call you stupid...as so stay away from our actions.

We demand what was promissed to us. And we will get it for us and millions of others who are too shy to speak up.

0 Likes
gsp10

That's stupid saying what were doing is stupid were helping all fascinate owners not just for ourselves so if ladywhatever and people like that doesnt like what where doing she can go elsewhere [keep it courteous please]

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

see you just don't get it. what you're doing is not helping me in the least. I appreciate you thinking of a few places I could go but I am thinking it's probably not nice places, so now I think [keep it courteous please]

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3
oops I didn't mean that. haha I really promise
0 Likes
SimonD
Contributor - Level 2

Another friendly reminder to please be respectful in your posts. Also remember that discussing rooting/hacking in the community is a violation of our Terms of Service:

Posting to the Verizon Community

Users of the Verizon Community agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content:

* Posts that discuss hacking and/or rooting a wireless phone from any carrier will be removed.

Thank you

0 Likes