Alarm Clock
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

This isn't something that started just because of the Froyo update, I'm only just asking.

For a while now when I set my alarm clock it does the melody even though I have it set to voice. I liked it when the phone went "alarm. alarm. it is now_______" But no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to do that again. Also, I had trouble last night setting the alarm for this morning. No matter what I did, unless I set it for weekly or something, it wouldn't change from Thursday.

Anyone? Or should I go to the store for help?

0 Likes
Re: Alarm Clock
x2xwakegurlx2x

I too am having this problem since I updated today. It's driving me crazy and I don't know how to fix it. 

Does anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
Not applicable

It sounds like this may just be a glitch with your phone specifically.  I have tried it on my Fascinate with the Froyo update to ensure this is not a problem with the update itself, and it worked fine.  I would try removing the battery from your phone.  If that does not seem to help out I would do a master reset after ensuring your data is backed up.  To under Settings> Privacy> Factory Data Reset> Reset Phone> Erase Everything. 

I really hope this fixes your issues with the alarm clock.  Let us know if it does.

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

monwarsec99 wrote:

This isn't something that started just because of the Froyo update, I'm only just asking.

For a while now when I set my alarm clock it does the melody even though I have it set to voice. I liked it when the phone went "alarm. alarm. it is now_______" But no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to do that again. Also, I had trouble last night setting the alarm for this morning. No matter what I did, unless I set it for weekly or something, it wouldn't change from Thursday.

Anyone? Or should I go to the store for help?

Same problem on this end.  When you go to "once only", the day buttons do not light up for you to make a selection.  I even selected "weekly", changed the day to another day, reselected "Once only".  But when I hit save, it reverted back to todays day of the week.

I've already done the factory data reset after the upgrade to FroYo (along with the battery bump).  If I still have the same problem as you do, then I would seriously NOT consider doing the reset just for this.  It did help with the phones performance, but it's a pain in the butt...

Ed sends

0 Likes
graysayer

I also have this problem so I just opted to use it on the 7 days a week mode and just turn it off on the days I do not need it and back on on the days I do need it.

Pain I know but I too did the factory reset and it is part of the system change to 2.2 as best as I can tell.

0 Likes