Re: Alarm Clock issue
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
Arnetth,
Can you set the alarm for once only and choose the day? Not seeing it...
0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

ArnettH_VZW wrote:

Hello fellow forum members,

I just set the alarm on a Fascinate with 2.2 and the alarm worked like a charm. It went off the same day, as I set it. These are the steps that I used.

1. Went to the clock in Apps

2. Create alarm

3. Set time & repeat to everyday only & pressed saved.

4. Selected my notification, alarm tone, alarm type, & volume.

5. Waited until the alarm sounded. 

I also have been monitoring the performance for the past 3 days & it rings successfully at the same time each day. If  you are still having this issue, I would recommend a factory reset & re-setup the alarm. Try a test alarm first to ensure functionality.

My apologies about the issues you been happening.

Arnetth_VZW 

Good job. Now try doing what we are complaining about and set it to go off only once on a day other than the one it is set for. In other words set an alarm to go off tomorrow and only tomorrow. No repeat.

0 Likes
_scott_

Yes this gets it to go off tomorrow morning when I set it but after resetting the alarm I have to go to the alarm page and disarm it or else it goes off again tomorrow. I used to be able to set an alarm tonight select "once only" and it would go off tomorrow morning and I wouldn't have to go reset it to keep it from going off the next day also.

0 Likes
grgirl

I have been having the exact same problem!  I used to be able to set the alarm the night before, for the next morning.  Now it sets it one week out!  Example:  It's Wednesday night and I want to set the alarm for the next morning (Thursday) - one time setting.  It sets it for Wednesday morning - one week out.  I did not have this problem prior to software updates.  Can this app be fixed?

0 Likes
Prose
Clearly, you did not understand the problem and/or think we are not the brightest of individuals. We KNOW the procedure for setting the alarm clock for a one time alarm. The issue is that it does not work. It you attempt to set it for once only it sets the clock for a week away instead of the next day. So, your options for a once only alarm is the same day or a week away. I use my cell phone as my alarm clock, so obviously I want to be able to set it for the next morning. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work properly and there is no solution other than to set a daily alarm and change the time as needed. It is quite frustrating and I thought it would get resolved in the next update, but, no, I just got the update and it is still doing it. Thanks for your support. We so appreciate it.
0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

FYI I did a reset for a different reason and I still can't set the alarm for tomorrow {providing I wanted it} today. I still have to go into the repeat and select the day a I want then remember to turn it off afterwards.

Try doing this: Go to the alarm and set it to go off 1 time the next day. Example: today is Tuesday so try for 1 time on Wednesday, alter for whatever day of the week you attempt this.

0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok I guess I might as well complain here and give some nice steps to reproduce a problem that came with the 2.2 Froyo update and still exists in even ED05.

Clock (standard built in clock that is present after factory reset)

Alarm

Create Alarm

Set a time prior to the current time

If it is 7:24 AM then use the - under the minutes and change it to 7:23 AM.

Leave everything default and it should auto pick an alarm for 7:23 AM the next day.

Save

This alarm has been set for 6 days, 23 hours, and 59 mins from now.

Um that is next week on Monday and not what I wanted.

The old 2.1 would easily do the next morning.

Clock

Alarm

Create Alarm

Pick a time or even the current to go off the next day

Repeat

The only way to pick the next day is to set a weekly alarm.

Well that's not what I want at all, I want a 1 time alarm to remind me of something the next day or later this week and I do not need it going off weekly.

It looks like when this screen was designed they left the separator out at weekly and did not enable the day of the week to be selected.  They could even add day of the week selectors to only once so you could at least pick a day.

The goal here is have the alarm go off 1 time only on the next day, but the day of the week selector is disabled. The only way to enable to the day of the week selector is to pick weekly. Sadly this means I have to remember to turn it off or it will go off the following week at an inconvenient time.

0 Likes
tawest64

HALLELUJAH!  This issue seems to be fixed with the Gingerbread update.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

And I'll second that  HALLELUJAH!  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes