Activate Verizon Galaxy Nexus with Nano SIM in a Micro SIM Adapter?
zachmb

Hey guys!

Quick question—I am switching from an iPhone to a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Currently my iPhone 5 has a nano SIM inside, and I'm looking for the easiest way to program and activate this SIM in my Galaxy Nexus. I'm considering purchasing a nano SIM - to - micro SIM adapter and trying that, but I was wondering if y'all would know if that would work?

I know with Verizon's LTE network phones activate with a SIM, but I want to be very sure before I buy the SIM adapter online if simply putting my iPhone's nano SIM in a micro SIM adapter and putting that in the Galaxy Nexus that the phone will program and activate with my phone number automatically.

Anyone ever do this or something similar? Let me know!

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activate Verizon Galaxy Nexus with Nano SIM in a Micro SIM Adapter?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone number is automatically populated in the other phone. The MyVerizon account online registers the new phone without me signing into my account. I have swapped between phone in the middle of a trip before where I didn't have access to another Internet connection. Once I powered up the phone, I could make a call if I wanted.

One thing to note. You will have to setup your voicemail again when switching from the iPhone to an Android phone. Any saved voicemails will also be lost if you haven't saved them elsewhere.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have used an adapter to move a micro SIM card between the Galaxy Nexus and the HTC Thunderbolt which uses a larger SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
zachmb

Did simply placing the SIM card in the new phone activate it with your

phone number automatically? Or did you have to add new device numbers to

your account?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone number is automatically populated in the other phone. The MyVerizon account online registers the new phone without me signing into my account. I have swapped between phone in the middle of a trip before where I didn't have access to another Internet connection. Once I powered up the phone, I could make a call if I wanted.

One thing to note. You will have to setup your voicemail again when switching from the iPhone to an Android phone. Any saved voicemails will also be lost if you haven't saved them elsewhere.

0 Likes