4.2.2 Update now with Charging Issues
json125266

Completed the OTA update to 4.2.2 on my Verizon Gnex this morning.  Now the phone wont charge, and discharges so quickly.  This is ridiculous.

I cant be the only one seeing this, can I?

0 Likes
Re: 4.2.2 Update now with Charging Issues
Cubbs5209

Mine is able to charge, but I'm definitely discharging MUCH faster than I used to.

EDIT:

In addition to the battery discharging faster than normal, the phone became warmer than it normally is during a typical use day, obviously due to whatever is draining the battery faster.

I went and checked the battery status and it showed that my MS Exchange Account (Work email) was taxing the battery the most. I have removed my account and I'll update my findings here later this evening. As of now, the phone feels cooler than it did 15 minutes ago when I first removed the account.

0 Likes
json125266

Just noticed the same thing the Exchange Services, accounted for 35%.....wayyyy more than usual

0 Likes
xlazycowx

I have the same problem....   Exchange service, mail are accounted for more than 50%,   camera area is warmer...  sometime battery drains faster than i can charge (i didn't even sue the phone)

0 Likes
mnagie

I just updated my phone this morning and I am having the same problem.  My battery drains extremely fast and my exchange service is taking 65%.  My phone is very warm to the touch when charging.  I can normally charge of my computer but now if I attach my phone to my computer it actually drains the battery.

0 Likes
Cubbs5209

Update from my original post, it was my MS Exchange account. I removed it and added it back a few hours later and my phone is back to normal.

0 Likes
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

Master Reset your device

0 Likes
Cubbs5209

This seems a little excessive. Definitely try removing whatever Exchange account you have first, add it back, and see if you still have the problem. Obviously if the problem persists that's probably your next choice, but really, removing and adding back an Exchange account takes minutes.

0 Likes
lazynay

Seems to be a common problem w/ the 4.2.2 OTA from VZW.  There are a couple other threads about this here and on other forums.

For the amt of time it took them to finally put out an OS upgrade, it's pretty disheartening that it's totally bug ridden and requires so much user intervention. 

It's as if they know we're all coming up on 18 months and pushing us towards a new phone + contract renewal + leaving unlimited data.  It might work on me, however that new phone/contract might be w/ another carrier.  This is close to the last straw.

0 Likes