4.2.2 Update - Bluetooth won't turn on - Galaxy Nexus
djrjr

I just received the OTA update to 4.2.2.  I am unable to turn Bluetooth on, either from settings or from my Bluetooth widget.  WiFi works and 4G works, but Bluetooth stays in the off position.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: 4.2.2 Update - Bluetooth won't turn on - Galaxy Nexus
azjerry

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
pdstack

I'm having the same issue, and I've tried all of the normal tricks to fix it.

If I go into the Bluetooth screen in Settings to try to turn it on I can tell that it displays a message, but it's too fast to read.

I look forward to a solution soon as losing Bluetooth is a major issue!

0 Likes
jyames

I have the same problem. I am hoping for a fix.

0 Likes
hallwayz

I use wireless headphones and wireless car audio. I depend on this so much. Without my bluetooth capabilities, it's just a regular phone. I may have to switch couriers if this doesn't get fixed. by the end of the week. Oh yea.. I also hate the new Airplane mode. No more toggle. This upgrade sucks so far!!!!

0 Likes
PhillyBoy1961

Here's the solution.  You need to be technical to do this (or know someone who is )

<Link removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

I was able to do this and it fixed the problem.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
montclair2525
Enthusiast - Level 2

my bluetooth is dead, also.  This really *****.

<Link removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there djrjr.  The software update is meant to keep your phone up to date and running smoothly and I am sorry to see that it is giving your phone issues. That is odd that everything else is working on your phone, but the bluetooth isn't.

Do you get an error message when you try to turn on bluetooth or just nothing happens?

Try putting the device into safe mode,http://vz.to/vW58PM. Can you turn bluetooh on while in safe mode?

Please update with results.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
djacrid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Confirmed that safe mode effects nothing.  << Please use the Direct message feature to communicate with other forum members.  DO NOT post email addresses in the public forum! >>

0 Likes
nicktime
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the update, I am in the same boat.  I use bluetooth every day to connect with my vehicle's head unit, not only to use the phone, but for streaming Pandora.  Prior to the update, I left bluetooth enabled all of the time.  Any time I started my car, my phone would connect flawlessly each and every time.  The only hiccup I ever encountered was if I turned off the car and opened the door (thus killing the head unit power) WHILE listening to Pandora.  This required me to cycle the power on my phone on occasion to restore trouble-free connectivity.

My bluetooth turns on in that the phone is able to recognize devices, but connecting is definitely a BIG issue.  Reading over forum responses, and having dealt with VZW customer service before, they usually want you to do at least a factory reset after an update to ensure everything loads like it is supposed to.  I have done this already to no avail. 

I have also unpaired and then repaired my head unit and phone several times.  I rarely get the phone to connect properly anymore with my car's head unit.  When it does, other issues come up.  For example, the phone will disconnect randomly and then not be able to reconnect.  Also, after turning off my car and getting out, the phone bluetooth icon will stay lit up and show it is connected though I am a mile away from my turned off car.

The 4.2.2 update DEFINITELY has caused a lot of issues.  I realize, according to VZW, updates are supposed to "enhance" phone operation, but this update has really caused me to rethink the use of a smartphone.  My large investment can be made worthless over night.  I just wish, for once, something like this would be handled well by a large company in that the reason for these issues is pursued vigorously (I'm willing to swap my phone so VZW has a verified problem to look at), with customers who are inconvenienced big time (depending on what features are relied on).  Actually acknowledging an issue instead of spouting normal, corporate rhetoric would make a big impression.

I've exhausted possible fixes really until a new update is pushed, unless I root the phone.