4.1 4.2 updates killing the battery and reception on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
zinsherff

what is Verizon doing to solve the battery overheating and low life. When my Galaxy Nexus was on 4.0 with the extended battery I had great battery life and the phone never got hot. Since 4.1 was installed Verizon replaced the battery twice because it would heat up and I had short battery life they then told me the problem would be fixed with the next software update. Since the 4.2 update the the battery is hot all the time and 4g reception has degraded to 25% of what it was. Everybody complained about not getting the 4.2 update but I am sorry I did. They are going to send me out a new phone but I doubt that will solve anything most of the Android Boards are full of posts with the same problem

0 Likes
Re: 4.1 4.2 updates killing the battery and reception on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As a customer with a Nexus myself, I would suggest following the advice posted in this article.

http://m.androidcentral.com/getting-bad-battery-life-422-your-verizon-nexus-try-factory-reset

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: 4.1 4.2 updates killing the battery and reception on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm finding increased battery life with the new upgrade. In fact I see several improvements such as speed and call clarity. I wish there were instructions on how to use the new camera.

0 Likes