4.1.1 JR003O Update from IMM76K on Galaxy Nexus
RedlineMods

Support,

I need help as my Wife's Galaxy Nexus got the JR003O update and mine did not get the update.  We both have had the same signal issues and same problems.  We both got the phones at the exact same time.  Why did hers get the update but mine did not.  Her phone works so much better and mine is still not working like it should.  Could you please push the update to mine also as I would also like to get the new radios.  I am a power user and use my phone constantly for work and personal.  Please help me out.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: 4.1.1 JR003O Update from IMM76K on Galaxy Nexus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This forum is a peer to peer community forum. You aren't communicating with customer service support here.

Also software updates don't push out to everyone at once. It can take three weeks or more to push out to every active phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jared845

Same issue here, and I got no update either ....you call vzw cust service and they dont know anything..........allegedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
RedlineMods

So are you saying they will not moderate their own forums.  I have seen Verizon support in the forums answering questions.  I hope to find out why I bought two phones and one gets the update and the other does not.  Does this seem odd to anyone that one phone got an update from IMM76K to JR003O.  This is not the update that comes on most refurbished phones which is IMM76Q.  I want to know why or how it got to one phone and not another.  Makes no sense to me and probable to most people on these forums.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There VZW employees who occasionally roam the community forum, but they let the customer user answer questions first. If you need an immediate response, call customer service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cybergoobr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Read this.. Looks like we will all be getting it very soon.. FINALLY Smiley Happy

Redline.. Try the steps in this article

If you would like to try to force the update, try this set of instructions:

1.  From your phone, head into Settings>Apps>All.

2.  Search for  Google Services Framework.

3.  Once found, tap on it and choose Force stop.

4.  Then choose Clear data.

5.  Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/09/21/jelly-update-finally-rolling-out-to-verizon-galaxy-nexus/#more-...

0 Likes
RedlineMods

I knew it.  I have been wondering what was taking so long.  I have tried that trick like over a dozen times today and haven't got it yet.  FINALLY!

0 Likes
Cybergoobr
Enthusiast - Level 3

The web page also states that the update will happen over Wi-Fi only until oct 1.  Maybe your phone did not have wi-fi turned on?  And not sure why only wi-fi until oct 1... thats different .  Either way, good luck, as I am in the same boat as you. Still not update on my end, however I have no wi-fi to connect to at work.

0 Likes
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

For this update it is only avaiable through wifi till Oct.1 make sure your on wifi reset framwork and it should start.

I have been using This JB version for weeks and so mfar nom issues great battery good 3g 4g hand off...

your mileage may differ.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Tried the procedure 5 times... nuthin... nada... zip... zilch.

0 Likes