Re: 4.05 update
Bartley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dude, read any of my posts. I never once said that 4.0.4 was 5 months old. I said withholding an update for 5 months is ridiculous. An update, being in general, not released for a smartphone for 5 months is ridiculous. There hasn't been an update on this phone for 5 months to address major issues! The GSM model didn't get the 4.0.2 version until 2-3 months later, but has already leaped frogged the CDMA version.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Withholding an update for 5 months... is what you said. For a few months the LTE Nexus was higher than the GSM counterparts. They were on 4.0.1 and we were on 4.0.2. They were recently upped to 4.0.4 and there was never an official 4.0.3 release for both devices. Only the Nexus S 4G got 4.0.3.

So what now?

0 Likes
Bartley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know what I said. You just repeated what I said. I know what I didn't say. And I didn't say that 4.0.4 was 5 months old.

What does the LTE Nexus having a higher version for a few months have to do with what I was pointing out? It is still ridiculous for a smartphone device to not have an update for 5 months or have updates withheld for 5 months especially with the type of problems the phone has!

The LTE had a higher version than the GSM counterpart for a few months, but as I said and you reiterated, it has been upped to a higher version than the LTE now ( because the LTE is still on 4.0.2) whether recently or not.

"...there was never an official 4.0.3 release." What are you talking about here? Ok...you're right that there wasn't an official release for both devices.

So in the course of 5 months, even though we had an increment higher version than the GSM, it now stands to date that we haven't had an update for 5 months. So serious problems with an important device to many people hasn't been addressed for 5 months. There is an update that irons out some of those problems, but it's being withheld. That's bad business.

If you get a flat tire, you don't wait to get a new tire before you drive your car. You put a spare tire on your car. You have stuff to do.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Bartley wrote:

I know what I said. You just repeated what I said. I know what I didn't say. And I didn't say that 4.0.4 was 5 months old.

What does the LTE Nexus having a higher version for a few months have to do with what I was pointing out? It is still ridiculous for a smartphone device to not have an update for 5 months or have updates withheld for 5 months especially with the type of problems the phone has!

The LTE had a higher version than the GSM counterpart for a few months, but as I said and you reiterated, it has been upped to a higher version than the LTE now ( because the LTE is still on 4.0.2) whether recently or not.

"...there was never an official 4.0.3 release." What are you talking about here? Ok...you're right that there wasn't an official release for both devices.

So in the course of 5 months, even though we had an increment higher version than the GSM, it now stands to date that we haven't had an update for 5 months. So serious problems with an important device to many people hasn't been addressed for 5 months. There is an update that irons out some of those problems, but it's being withheld. That's bad business.

If you get a flat tire, you don't wait to get a new tire before you drive your car. You put a spare tire on your car. You have stuff to do.

So you are only complaining because the GSM version is on a higher number for about 3 days, and for the past 3 months they were at a lower number?

You make like coding is easy especially at the OS level...  I think you need to start developing your own OS and I will be your first customer...

0 Likes
Bartley
Enthusiast - Level 3

What are you reading? I'm complaining that there has not been an update to this phone for 5 months though there are clearly some issues with the device. I don't care how long the GSM version has had an update. You brought that up.

I'm complaining that there is an update that addresses some of the issues with the device, but has not been released yet. I'm complaining that they will never create a perfect build so continuing to make us wait with no fixes at all shouldn't be an avenue to take. I'm sure most people will take some (not all) major fixes  over none at all.

Tidbits
Legend

You brought up the fact the GSM version got updated to 4.0.4... and you are complaining how long it is taking the CDMA version to get an update correct? So I still stick with what I said...

0 Likes
Bartley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, I did not bring up the fact that the GSM version got updated to 4.0.4. You brought that up. I brought up the fact that Sprint, a CDMA spectrum using carrier, is shipping its Galaxy Nexus pre installed with 4.0.4. So you are not correct. So sticking with what you said would be fallic because it's based on a false premise.

bambam619
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I have been waiting patiently for this update and I can say that I am overly frustrated with WHOM ever is responsible for the update. I get told so many different stories! First it's Verizon pinning it on Samsung and you call Samsung you get told it's Verizon. Good lord just fix my phone already. It's a nice phone, but in my opinion they sold us a product that does not work properly and they need to fix it. My wife has the Bionic and she will be sitting next to me and will have a 4G connection and I will have nothing, so it's not the network obviously. I signed a 2 year contract for a phone that I am unable to use like everyone else that has a 4G phone. I didn't bother taking mine back because Verizon staff did everything to convince me that there will be an update quickly to fix connectivity issues and please keep in mind that this was in the first week of the phones release. In my opinion I signed a 2 year agreement and with that I am promised service. No service to me is being in an area where everyone has no service, but sitting next to my wife while she is actively surfing the wb, updating her Facebook and playing games is BS. I would almost consider suing Verizon for breech of contract. I opened another line and purchased a Razr Maxx to get me by until an update. So now they get my extra 9.99 for the extra line.  was told several times that they will not take the phone back, but they will exchange for a new one. What will that fix? Straight negligence!

fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amen

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Bartley wrote:

Nope, I did not bring up the fact that the GSM version got updated to 4.0.4. You brought that up. I brought up the fact that Sprint, a CDMA spectrum using carrier, is shipping its Galaxy Nexus pre installed with 4.0.4. So you are not correct. So sticking with what you said would be fallic because it's based on a false premise.

I also said... There are MAJOR bugs which you will find on Google bug reports which affects the usability of the device.  People have not been quiet about it like you say.  Just because you don't see it through the normal channels doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Go there and read the reports...  One of the reports is the device will NEVER sleep at all.  100% uptime, and people who used to get 15+ hours of battery life end up getting 5-6 hours tops.  People who used to get 5-6 hours end up getting 1-3 hours.  You will find out soon enough when enough of them come out on Sprint and you watch their boards and see all the complaints start to arise about bugs like these, and I bet you'll be glad they withheld the update until major bugs are fixed.

0 Likes