Re: 4.0.4 slowly rolling out
B33
Legend

Kabull i Can't see what your going thru:  but it is Frustrating if you have Only one Device and is your Business phone that is Why me an the Folks have two SP I got my Razr Maxx but i Got old Faithful my Droid X if Maxy shoots Craps on me But every one can't afford two Devices. An O yes we have the Land line thru Ma Bell too as My Pop hates Smartphones to him the Best place for one is at the Bottom of his Boot you figure out the Rest Lol.  But When a phone is not working in all of the Area's it should be. To Me there should be a Clause put in Verizon Contract That says the Consumer that Buys it should be able to Opt out of it with out paying a Stiff penalty an be allowed to move into another Device.  This is if the Device is Giving issues for a lengthy period of time..b33

0 Likes
nexusfangirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know the update works as I know someone who was one of the few who

received it. He believes it has fixed every issue he was having. So don't

be afraid be happy we should have something soon to fix our phones. I want

it yesterday too but I'm willing to wait a little longer but with each day

it does get harder. I do wish VZW would speak out and tell us why its

taking so long. Why other carriers can get their variant to 4.0.4 before us

when our phone that came out first.

Tidbits
Legend

rhoopes wrote:

Fact is sprint customers got their update in a couple days. It's Verizon

that's always taking they're sweet time collecting our overpaid monthly

bills

I'd rather wait beyond 1 update...

Verizon got an update immediately from opening day...

Sprint got their first update 11 days later...

Just because they are on 4.0.4 doesn't mean they are ahead of the curve.  Their 4.0.4 and our leaks are all on different versions which makes a difference beyond the numbers.

0 Likes
jayesdee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help is on the way. I spoke to tech support yesterday and was told it should have been rolled out May 1st but still working on stuff. So it will be by the end of may...but by mid may if have not received the update over the air, we can check at the stores and they may have it on a device to get it on our phones. Halllellluuuuurrrr.....i so need this update. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this nexus..and dont wanna switch over to a different phone. Droid charge did the same stuff.....c'mon Samsung...what are you thinking these days?

danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Great to hear, thanks for the info and update. I'd be more optimistic if I hadn't been told the same thing in March and then again in April... at least this time, we see traces of the update.

What did you mean by "check at the stores and they may have it on a device to get it on our phones" ? Swap our phone for one of the ones with an update?

From engadget and droid-life's posts earlier in the week, many people took pictures and screenshots of Galaxy Nexus phones at VZW stores with 4.0.4 already on them. Some have even copied the install... we all know that, but lets not violate the TOS so we can keep this thread going. Thanks all.    

samgalnex
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just in our local Verizon wireless store and their 2 Samsung Nexus are still on 4.0.2 and I also checked for updates on both of those phones and I got the message that the software in both of them was up to date.  Sooooo....... Another Rumor?.... The mill is working overtime!

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Not surprised to hear that. I have yet to see a 4.0.4 device either.

but these guys are fairly good sources, that get ripped apart for spreading false rumors, so there's something to this:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/01/one-lucky-dl-reader-receives-anroid-4-0-4-imm76k-update-on-veri...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/01/galaxy-nexus-for-verizon-receives-android-4-0-4-update/

(disclaimer: The above are news articles that do not violate the TOS of this community. Posted for reference only... aka Don't delete my sh&t!)

danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

According to AndroidCentral, it looks like we'll get new Docking control software with 4.0.4 and hopefully a few new accessories that take advantage of the three pin connector on the side that none of us use:

"The dock does not work properly with 4.0.1/4.0.2 so Samsung held back the pogo pin accessories until Google had 4.0.4 ready. Now we just need to wait for Verizon to send out the 4.0.4 OTA update. Hopefully Verizon will start selling the dock after that."

"Makes sense since the 4.0.4 update on Verizons GN now includes a dock setting. Hoping some docks will head in once that update get pushed out to everyone."

http://www.androidcentral.com/forums-galaxy-nexus-oem-desktop-dock

0 Likes
Kuane
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dan - Thanks for the links and the info. I just got my third Nexus a couple days ago. Hopefully I'll have better luck with it than the previous two. Maybe/if this 4.0.4 rollout actually does make it to the masses I'll be able to make a voice call and not have to worry if the other person can hear me. Considering the money we've spent on these phones I don't think that's too much to ask for. These are supposed to be cellPHONES after all correct?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
jayesdee
Enthusiast - Level 2

At the store locations i was told by a tech support they may be able to

manually install the update instead of waiting to receive it through the

air. I would suppose they would have it on a computer or storage device

that they are able to install on customers phones via usb. I completely

understand your frustration....i have had this phone less than two weeks

after 3 droid charge phones giving me the same audio issues. I'm losing

patience with Samsung and Verizon. Where is the customer service anymore?

0 Likes