Re: 4.0.4 slowly rolling out
verizonmoderator1

<This thread is heading into dangerous territory. Discussion of the hacking of devices is not permitted per the   for this community. Personal attacks against the users and discussion of Moderation in the public forum are also not permitted. Any further violations and this thread will be locked.>

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

I posted that we need to keep this thread clean to keep it going... and moderator deleted that? I spoke nothing against the TOS at all!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

danbrown wrote:

I posted that we need to keep this thread clean to keep it going... and moderator deleted that? I spoke nothing against the TOS at all!

It's there on the terms...

• Posts that discuss hacking and/or rooting a wireless device from any carrier will be removed.

As you can see it's on there.  I done it a few times myself, and those do get removed when you post links of XDA and such.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

I'm very aware of that, thank you very much. It was not me that posted any reference to any of the offending subjects.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Okay, so we know 4.0.4 was perhaps released as a soak test for us Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners, but only a few got the update, it was then pulled and has not officially been released. Those are all facts.

Can anyone from Verizon give us any information on the official release date and when we can expect the official update? I'm hoping that Verizon has support watching these threads (other than moderators) that can give us some help. A lot of us good customers (me for 10 years + on with three lines) are having real problems with this phone and need a solution. We haven't given up, we're waiting very patiently!

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.    

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Fact is sprint customers got their update in a couple days. It's Verizon

that's always taking they're sweet time collecting our overpaid monthly

bills

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Can't wait till the Razr's get it!  just hope I.C.S Works well on them as well..Smiley Happy  its a little      but have you seen the Moon tonight it's Pretty an very close to us tonight

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From past experience on this community, not even the VZW employees who do occasionally post on this community will know when an update is pushing out to users until it is actually happening. The last time I checked the software update page for the Galaxy Nexus on the Verizon Wireless support, it still posted the update that was released when the phone launched on the Verizon Wireless network. I think I checked it when the first rumors of this newest update was pushing to devices hit the web.

I have also been through enough updates on several phones to not worry or stress about when an update is coming until it shows up on the device in my hand. I have much bigger things to worry about.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154,

You say not to stress about an update.....?  For a lot of us this is not just an update, it is about having a device we can actually use as a phone.  I used this phone for my business and my only communication device other than my computer.  So, the fact that I can't use this phone is quite an issue with me.  Maybe, I should have bigger things to worry about but unfortunately it affects my livelihood.  I had to have my landline reinstalled with an installation fee plus $40.00 a month.  That is a problem.  I had to take an important call when I was on the road the other day and the party called back three times and they couldn't understand me.  Pretty bad, when you supposedly have a great phone with the best carrier.  This happens nearly everyday.  People are always asking me if I have one of those phones you buy at the corner gas station.  So, Dan, I am with you.  We also have been with Verizon for 10+ years.  7 lines and $550.00 a month. I think we deserve more.  I guess I almost fear the update more than anything.  What if it doesn't solve the problem?  Then we are essentially stuck with this phone or to pay full price for a different model. 

rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Completely agree with you and Dan!

<Personal information deleted per the >

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes