Re: 4.0.4 slowly rolling out
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

This information does not surprise me.  I have been putting off calling Verizon for fear I'd hear the same thing.  I almost believe that put that information on their website just to lead us to believe they are actually going to release the update.  I have been told since January that the update is coming SOON. 

Oh, and I was not being sarcastic when I said the GNEX at my local Verizon store had duct tape on it.  It really did. 

As a side note, to the wonderful service Verizon is providing us with.......My daughter got her new I phone yesterday.  It worked for two hours.  She called Apple and after doing some diagnostics on her phone, Apple told her she was sold a refurbished phone.  She paid for a new one.  Wonder how many times that happens and people don't even know.  She is on her way back down to the store.  It will be interesting to see how they explain their way out of this one. 

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

I was guessing that you weren't being sarcastic about the Duct Tape...I was just playing on the safe side of the fence...I am sure if she was able to look at it, it would have said it was on .0.4.... Verizon is really screwing the pooch on this one...

0 Likes
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Friday late morning our check to VZW for a past due amount on our bill was posted on My Verizon page.

Friday Evening, around 9:30, both of our GNex phones were updated to 4.04.

Coincidence?

Many have speculated on why the update seemed to be pushing out randomly, or based on some criteria or other. Maybe being up to date on the VZW account was also one of those criteria.

0 Likes