Re: 4.0.4 slowly rolling out
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Official statements rarely happen with system updates. This is "speaking" with experience over owning an Android device since 2009.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

I'd like to see an official statement from Verizon not regarding the update, but regarding the problems and unusual bugs with the LTE Galaxy Nexus. Of course we all know the first ICS phone may have a few bugs right out of the box, but an inability to make phone calls is a pretty serious one. I'm not asking for a miracle from VZW, just a public statement acknowledging that a great many Galaxy Nexus users have been experiencing audio and call problems.

And maybe give us a concrete date of software release... even if it's 10 months from now! This pseudo release, soak test, non-release, is really driving us all crazy.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If wishes were horses...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

What a ass of a response. Also, I never used the word wish.

0 Likes
ldiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Ann154 - this "update" didn't impact just a few users, it is not like there are Nexus users out there who don't have an issue (unless they uploaded the update for other sources).  This is less about the update and more about an entire set of users with major issues with their handsets!  Big deal about your experience, I too have had an Android hand set since 2009...not my first rodeo! There are always minor issues with releases (the FROYO update wiped my Galaxy S clean) and bugs need to be fixed...I get that...however in this case I have a $400 handset that does a great job of surfing the web and getting e-mail (when I have battery that is).  I have a phone dedicated for work that I cannot place a phone call on for fear that 5 minutes into a conversation with a client that my mic will stop working or that the call will be dropped

I have read your replies and with all due respect you are not being very helpful to the people on this forum.

prashants17
Enthusiast - Level 3

agree, the worst part has been the lack of communication from Verizon ...

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

Again, what kind of "Community Leader" are you?

You are continually trivializing people's concerns and outright being an ass....But, it shouldn't be surprising...I should expect nothing less than more of the low grade treatment from Verizon or its Community Leaders....And whether you like it or not, I hope you are getting paid, because if you aren't, you are an extremely poor reflection on Verizon, and it is because of a thought process like yours, your misinformation, and your condescending attitude that it is no wonder that Verizon has you as a Community Leader, because you speak to people here like Verizon treats their Customers

Also, if you are going to make comments about how things are supposed to work, as you have in other threads, make sure you have your facts straight....

0 Likes
Serpent
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe there is more to this. Verizon has been slow on all their Android updates. And what does this do. But aggravate users and make them think their Android phone is junk. So the end user switches to a iPhone. It's a win/win for them. They get your money for two phones plus who knows what other kick-backs Apple gives. You are simply a dollar figure to them. And with them looking for ways to get rid of the grand-fathered in unlimited data plan users I am looking to move myself and as many others as I can convince to move to another carrier.

Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

So, for whatever it is worth... I just spoke with rep about a tech support / engineer issue, and when I said I was waiting for the 4.0.4. update to hopefully rectify a problem that is not phone specific, she stated that "there was nothing in her system about the update."

Serpent
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ya Verizon's meaning of soon is "sometime before the zombies come to get us."

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/galaxynexus.html

0 Likes