Re: 4.0.4 slowly rolling out
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I posted in another thread, a Canadian telecom, Tellus mobility, posted an update page for devices on their network, and had this to say about 4.04.

"The update is temporarily unavailable for download due to issues discovered by Google in the latest software release.

The release of Android Ice Cream Sandwich v 4.0.4 will provide the following enhancements:

• Cool new Android widgets, notifications, multitasking and lock screen
  • Share contacts, websites, apps, and games using Android Beam
  • Data use management – Warning and usage limits can be specified to control and even turn off data usage"

This was not specifically related to the GNex but the NexusS

danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

I was hoping there would be one more bullet point to add to the new features in the (hopefully soon) upcoming update:

• Make voice phone calls to another person without your outbound audio cutting out or crackling digital noises on both sides.

yeah, I'm pretty sure Samsung, Google, or VZW will never admit that.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I would really like to use the 3 pin dock as well as a car dock for NAV. I wasn't aware that it didn't work on 4.0.2 and was delayed because of that. I was thinking about going back to a Droid because they have awesome accessories. I had a Droid 4 for a week and the signal strength was MUCH better than my Galaxy Nexus. The screen sucked badly, and the vibration setting was so aggressive that it sounded like a duck quacking so I sent it back.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, it's a real bummer that we can't use the car dock yet. Hopefully we'll get the update soon, and Samsung will start selling more accessories. I bought the Samsung car dock minus the 3pin adapter... it's still pretty awesome, I just have to plug a separate cable for charging.

As for going back to Droid... you do realize that Verizon uses the "Droid" name for many phones, right? Motorola, HTC and Samsung all have "Droid" phones. Not all Android phones are "Droid" phones, but it's just a name for advertising, and mostly Motorola phones. As for accessories, each phone is different. I'm disappointed in Samsung.

edit: I'm disappointed in Sammy for not releasing accessories or the mic cutting out software. Other than that, it's a great smart phone for non-phone calls.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Very overrated phone for sure. Sold my iPhone 4$ for this and deeply

regretting it.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I've always had Motorola Droids before this.

0 Likes
NYCeHammer

Its more likely that that is due to 4G/3G handoff than anything else. I have been running the GNex since December and have yet to experience anything like that

0 Likes
kyleb350
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone been getting the update over the last couple days?

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Nope.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

The web is a buzz... we may yet see an OTA in the next 24 hours....

Galaxy Nexus Update IMM76K Approved by Verizon and Ready to Rollout, No This is Not a Joke

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/29/galaxy-nexus-update-imm76k-approved-by-verizon-and-ready-to-rol...

...of course, this is maybe the fourth or fifth time I've said that...

0 Likes