Re: 4.0.4 slowly rolling out
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, so I have been told by Verizon that they are testing the update but is not ready for the general public.  They don't have a date but it could be coming soon.  Who really knows what is going on??  What a debacle!!!  So I guess there is no need for us to keep checking for the update.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

What complete and utter joke Verizon is!

0 Likes
pollix11
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, I am hesitant to make a pro-verizon-ish comment here... but, how can you blame any of this on Verizon when Samsung hasn't even released the update? ?

-let the ole inbox fill up with snappy replies! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, Samsung has most definitely released and finished the update, with 4.0.4 and new baseband radios. It's just not "official." The word is that the update was pushed out to some users yesterday then pulled. This is fairly common with mobile device updates, even others than Android. If you do enough googling (I won't paste a link due to the strict moderators) you can find and download the update yourself.

Oh, and... Sprint released their Galaxy Nexus on 4.0.4 last week. We're still at 4.0.2. GSM users are officially on 4.0.3. This is most definitely Verizon as the hold up.

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

The problem is I believe Google has the update done. Verizon apparently can't get to work with their system.  There are too many parties involved for this phone to  be successful.  Google, Samsung and Verizon.  Too many egos.....I want this phone to work more than anything.  However, I am beginning to wonder.  One of my huge complaints is that Verizon continues to sell and really push these phones.  There are so many problems and they are making it sound like updates come regularly.  Called a friend who works at Verizon location and she told me that Tech support personnel as well store personnel get their information from the forums.  No wonder these rumors get blown up. Oh she also told me that Verizon makes more from these phones than they do from I phones so they continue to push the GNEX over all others.  GREAT

0 Likes
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

We can hope 4.04 (imm76k) is not the official update it is very buggy -- it causes lockups freezes --the only plus is the radios seem to work better

I am on 4.02 stock no issues so far -- today my phone did a *22899 on its own it rebooted now my prl is  52686 my signal seems to be better i called tech support they said it was the sim updating roaming i was in another state i did not realize sim phones could do a *228

I  would advise those having issues on  4.02 to do a full factory reset a couple times it seems to help....

0 Likes
nexusfangirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand only a select few received the 4.0.4 update on May 2nd. I know of one individual and they say it's fixed their issues and they are very happy with the update.  At first he didn't think it did much but before too long he started to see that things were finally working as they should. I called and they said they were slowing pushing out the update and that nothing is wrong with it. I can't wait - especially now knowing that it corrects the issues at hand.  Must just be a very sloooooow release.

0 Likes
prashants17
Enthusiast - Level 3

check this pot from downunder

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/01/galaxy-nexus-for-verizon-receives-android-4-0-4-update/

Dennis McLean 1 day ago

Have updated my Galaxy Nexus to 4.0.4 on yakju (in Australia), the bad news is that the phone's reception still sucks. I replaced an el cheapo LG P500 with this Nexus and the LG had some better features and way better reception, VERY disappointed with the Nexus. The big screen is nice, but totally useless without phone service.

0 Likes
prashants17
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Link deleted per TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nexusfangirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank u.

0 Likes