Re: 4.0.4 slowly rolling out
JamesSC

My biggest problem is very poor signal strength on CDMA with frequent dropped calls.

Signal strengths:

LTE = -106 dBm

CDMA = -120 dBm

I hope the update fixes this.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is just a complete joke!

0 Likes
sookmo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on the dark side of the Force (Verizon Wireless) for many years and slowly realizing that Verizon is a prominent moral, philosophical, and psychic concept. Verizon Wireless has portrayed itself as an evil aspect of the Wireless Universe, which I have been attempting to advocate using the light side of the force but fail due to their controlling nature. So I thought get a Galaxy Nexus and all would be good again. I should have known that Verizon would never give full control of a device to Google. Verizon has tarnished the Nexus brand, shame on them! Don't get me wrong...I am enjoying my Galaxy Nexus (now that it's unlocked and <deleted per TOS>) however I have plans to give it up soon due to how Verizon handled the launch plus the lack of support the device has received since I've had it. I would sooner pay an early termination fee than continue to over-pay for a wireless plan my phone can't utilize. So soon I will say farewell to the dark side (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus and hello to the Galaxy S III GSM version, the light side of the force. Free to choose! Free to choose! Thank God Almighty, I am free to choose! Carrier control over me, Verizon does not!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Damn right! Amen man. I'm leaving soon also. Back to good service TMobile

who I left after 7 years for crappy Verizon!

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

LTE is pretty much nonexistent.  I live a quarter mile from the tower in a medium sized metro area that is supposed to be well covered.  I can see the tower as I type.  My signal strength in my home ranges from -109 dbm - -120 dbm.  Unacceptable.  The I phones and other androids in the home get excellent signals.  Dropped calls, dropped wi fi signal, the call quality is unreal.  Crackling, squeaks, squelching noises along with major static and then eventually the other person can't hear me.  Talking on this phone for longer than five minutes is like nails on a chalkboard.  I had to have my home phone reinstalled because I was getting so many complaints. I use my phone for business.  The phone company is courting me with their cellphone service.  I am an original GNEX owner.  I was willing to be patient.  I have been led to believe this fix was coming.  There are all kinds of articles from December of 2011 detailing the issues and the Verizon knew and was aware.  Well, here we are at the beginning of May.  PLEASE WHEN SOMEONE GETS THE UPDATE...PLEASE LET THE OTHERS KNOW.

0 Likes
sookmo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly I have only ever been with Verizon. It's like I have been in an abusive relationship for years and I kept saying "they beats me cause they loves me, and oh I just walked into the punches. Well I have been beat on for long enough and it's time to fight back!

rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Amen guys amen! Preach it.

0 Likes
sookmo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have may suggestions but can't mention them here without my references being removed from the VM. Do a web search 4.04 manual updates. The results will astound you as well as the options you will have that you may not have known. 

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

What a surprise still no update on my phone. I swear I hate Verizon. If I

don't get it by the end of this week I'm going to another carrier!

kabull
Contributor - Level 1

FYI for what it is worth.  Just got off the phone with Samsung and they tell me that NO the 4.0.4 update has NOT been released and to watch the Samsung website for news about the release.  They do not know at this time when it will be released.  They are very sorry for the inconvenience. 

0 Likes