4.0.4 slowly rolling out
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Per another website (that I'm afraid to link due to the banning by Moderator) Verizon is slowly pushing official 4.0.4 OTA update today to us Galaxy Nexus owners.

Anyone get the update yet? I've been trying but no luck so far. Updates usually roll out in waves and can take up to a few weeks... here's hoping it's not too long of a wait.

There are supposed new radio software updates that may fix the dreaded problems we've all been facing. I'm trying to be optimistic, I would really like to be able to use mine to make actual phone calls. Hurry up with this update VZW please!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: 4.0.4 slowly rolling out
gorkon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know they probably can't but can ANYONE from Verizon confirm this??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

We are just other users like yourself, so no one can confirm anything.

The VZW employees who occasionally roam the community usually don't know either until the update is officially being pushed out to users.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gorkon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes but we all have contacts.  I guess I am saying: Verizon needs to say something.  Right now all we have is a 4.0.4 build someone captured from the Google server(which I will not divulge), no word from Verizon and no way to be assured that when we put this stuff on our phone that we're covered under warranty and will not jeopardize access to services (Verizon, Google, Amazon's....anyones).

I applaud Verizon for having this forum, but they have been less than transparent on this stuff.  I'd feel better about not seeing updates if they actually said why.

danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

The source of info from droid-life .com said (along with screenshots from stores) that corporate users, vzw staff, and display phones are the first ones to get 4.0.4, and most got it on 5/1/2012. ...what I hear, anyway.

I've pressed the "check for updates" probably a thousand times, but no dice.

gorkon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  Even pulled the sim and let everything sit for a bit before powering up.  I guess I will get it when I get it.  I am too chicken to do the root stuff and I did that on my G1 back in the day.  So done with that....

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

I was told by Samsung many months ago to watch their website for news of an update and that we would all be notified when the update was coming ahead of time.  I really want to believe it is coming....I really want this phone to work. 

danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Same here. I was told by both Verizon and Samsung that an update was expected in mid-March. Then late March, then early April.... here we are and it looks like it's rolling out, but 24 hours later, I still do not have the update.    

0 Likes
bigb52290
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new radios are Garbage. Getting 700K down and 1.2M up

I'm going to factory reset the thing and see if it fixes the issue.

Oh yeah Moderator, why don't you forward these conversations to Dan Mead, see what he says, and if he's willing to call up Sirgey in Mountain View?

DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I haven't received it. I checked on the Galaxy Nexus page and the the only software update listed is ICS53L. I'm also registered with Samsung and have no received any notice that a software update was going to become available. Samsung says on their website that registered users will receive notification of a pending software update before it goes live. I'm really starting to wonder if any of this is true.....hopefully I'm wrong.