4.0.4 Update May 22
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I have just read from 2 different sites that has mentioned from 2 different people that they both have spoken to reps and both were told a date of May 22nd. Over at <forum name deleted per TOS> one person posted talking to a vzw rep and being told about May 22 for VZW to finally push out an update to his G-Nex. And an Article I read over at alwaysandroid.org the writer stated he was on the phone with a vzw rep who put him on hold to call a samsung rep who then told him that there will be an update on May 22 as well. This looks to be a pretty good rumor. I would like to see this finally come out.

<Link deleted per TOS>

The article about May 22 release here:

http://www.alwaysandroid.org/2012/05/rumor-verizon-galaxy-nexus-to-finally.html  (This is a link to an article not a link to a hack or something)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: 4.0.4 Update May 22
DissapointedVerizonCu

We'll believe it when we see it, eh?

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I just put two and two together, I'm not saying it's going to equal four. But I've been researching this update information for over a month now. The newest and closest thing I've seen is the unconfirmed soak test that was given to a limited amount of people a couple weeks ago or so who posted pics of their phones updated to 4.0.4 and were not rooted or hacked or whatever they do, plus pictures of floor models updated, and now this. So I'm just crossing fingers.

0 Likes
xChrisSoaresx

I'll believe it when I see it.

I should have stayed with T-mobile and not get the software run around.

0 Likes
kyleb350
Enthusiast - Level 2

Silly question, but if this update is going to be OTA, and I can't get data connectivity to update it that way, is there another way to get it when it comes out?

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

IF you have wifi at home or at work or at Starbucks or anywhere else that offers free wifi, you should be able to download the update with no issues. Just make sure your battery is at least 50% or better.

0 Likes
Wood

Although the article is accurate with respect to the mid-December launch date, it seems inappropriate to charge Verizon with a 5-month delay since the 4.0.4 update was not released by Google until February. Nevertheless, three months seems more than long enough to confirm functionality and I've seen 4.0.4 running on the Galaxy Nexus display model in more than one Verizon store. Wasn't Verizon's agreement to test and then approve the updates within 30 days?

As a side note, this year marks my 25th as a loyal Verizon Wireless (formerly GTE Mobilnet) customer. While I remain convinced that CDMA remains a much more robust voice protocol than GSM and Verizon's LTE network is much further developed than any of its competitors', I'm pretty confused as to this treatment. As an Android enthusiast who owns two Verizon Galaxy Nexus phones, I'm frustrated by the "stone-walling" I'm consistently receiving whenever I ask Verizon Tech Support why I'm seeing 4.0.4 on their display phones (and it has been on Sprint's Galaxy Nexus since the April 22 release date) but not on either of mine. One tech-support agent even declined opening a ticket noting that the unavailability of the update "isn't an issue".

I subsequently found an Arizona-based Verizon Tech Support agent named "Marlon" who opened <Ticket number deleted per TOS>. Marlon followed up twice but as of today this case is set for follow-up on Tuesday, May 22, 2012. I'm looking forward that date as I'm starting to lose confidence otherwise.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes