2.2 update?
dallasjacq

This is kind of a **bleep** question but I can't find the answer anywhere else.

When the 2.2 update is avaliable how do you get the update? Do you just take it to the verizon store or can you do it yourself?

Thanks for the help. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2.2 update?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The phone will tell you that there's an update available and you can just tell it to download/install.  When it does become available, you may also be able to manually pull the update when it becomes available by going into Settings-About Phone-System Updates and choosing Check New.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The phone will tell you that there's an update available and you can just tell it to download/install.  When it does become available, you may also be able to manually pull the update when it becomes available by going into Settings-About Phone-System Updates and choosing Check New.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I don't get it why folks are so anxious about 2.2.

Have a look at Droid X forum. First, tons of posts...WHERE IS MY PROMISSED 2.2? Then after 2.2 release...2.2 {word filter avoidance} UP MY DROID. I WANT TO ROLLBACK AND CAN'T.

I am not in a hurry to watch Hulu on Fascinate. So I am happy with 2.1 at the moment. 

0 Likes
lpietrus

I am anxious for the update to enable streaming video. I am also glad that Samsung is taking time, sitting back and watching for all the bugs on their competition's releases before releasing.

0 Likes
astro_sk

I talked to Samsung reps at a conference and they told me they had finished packaging the software update back in Oct 2010.  At this point its likely the carrier that is holding back.  Nexus S is out with 2.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S phone.  (*real answer maybe that get Bing locked down on the phone takes longer than expected).....TMobile is looking good.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1
lpietrus  I don't know what streaming videos you are referring to but I watch all kinds of vids with 2.1 unless you are talking about movie length? Please explain more. Thanks
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

he's talking about flash videos in the browser.  Skyfire is better for that purpose anyways imho.

0 Likes
lpietrus

Yes, all, I'm refering to flash videos on the browser and not being able to view flash based web sites. I also can't watch shows from the networks off their websites. I have since resigned myself that the 2.1 version is just fine. I'm afraid the 2.2 update will change the way my phone works ( ie, phone dial setting, interfaces with app). What do you guys think?

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

astro_sk wrote:

I talked to Samsung reps at a conference and they told me they had finished packaging the software update back in Oct 2010.  At this point its likely the carrier that is holding back.  Nexus S is out with 2.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S phone.  (*real answer maybe that get Bing locked down on the phone takes longer than expected).....TMobile is looking good.

Are you saying that T-mo is looking good though they don't have the update either?  Neither At&t nor Sprint?  So how could it be "THE CARRIER"?  Which one would that be?  Please give us more details from this conference.  Are you familiar with Behold 2?  Samsung Moment?  

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

looks like Tmobile/Samsung are finally deciding to update the vibrant after all of the recent drama.  US Cellular has moved up their projected date for their version of the Fascinate (Mesmerize) to early Feb from the projected March date a while back. 

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-vibrant-start-getting-froyo-jan-21-tomorrow

"Yeah, you read that right. The Samsung Vibrant is finally getting Froyo. Just like Samsung promised, lo those many months ago. T-Mobile CMO Cole Broadman confirmed to PCMag that the Android 2.2 update will start pushing out on Jan. 21. And as usually is the case, not everybody's going to get the update at the onset, but it'll keep pushing for a few weeks.

Broadman told PCMag that the wait for Froyo was a technical issue -- and not any of the rumored reasons, such as not wanting to canibalize from another phone, or because of supposed payments.

So hang tight, folks. It's coming. It's really coming."

0 Likes