Re: 2.2 update fascinate
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

The Carrier got the update for mesmerize on the 13th started the OTA on the 23rd

So I think it is about selling new different phones they don't care about us

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Remember they are in the business in selling phones, services, not updates.. so it stands to reason to work on upcoming projects and if they have time worry about past projects
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

That does not give them the right to scr@w us with a $600 Dollar paper weight that the dock will work on once the system is updated

Bought my dock 8 months ago and still waiting for it to work

I didn't no company were in to pre orders  Buy it now and it will work properly in a year maybe  :smileysad:

0 Likes
Agringo

DO you honestly believe it's Samsungs Fault we don't have Froyo? What planet are you from?

TBhouston wrote:

wardcst24 wrote:

3/31/11/909 pm

All I Can Say is Thank You Very Much Verizon Yet Another Lie

When you Lie and take Peoples Money It Called Stealing

I hope you reap what you soe

Never Again will I do any thing with Verizon

How many customers can you guys afford to Loose   

Did you mean samsung?

It tickles me that everyone blames verizon for this and in reality no one really knows what the cause is.. lets just all get mad at verizon *rabble rabble*

Anyway, mods please close this thread..there are 99 others like it

0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agringo

I really dont care whos fault it is. Everybody is pointing the finger at everybody else. Whoever it is suck it up and give us a reason, date or whatever. its called INTEGRETY, HONESTY IN BUSINESS PRACTICES.

We''re all big boys and girls...let us know what the issue is IF there is really one.

FROYOGATE

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Streetdoc740 wrote:

Agringo

I really dont care whos fault it is. Everybody is pointing the finger at everybody else. Whoever it is suck it up and give us a reason, date or whatever. its called INTEGRETY, HONESTY IN BUSINESS PRACTICES.

We''re all big boys and girls...let us know what the issue is IF there is really one.

FROYOGATE

And if the update bricked your device for some odd reason are you willing to suck it up and buy a new device and don't hold any of the parties involved, but yourself for being impatient?

A while back Motorola tried to be more transparent and they took a lot of heat.  They took a lot more heat than Samsung with this update, and HTC with the EVO bricking problem.

No matter what they do they'll get complaints. 

0 Likes
gsp10
2.2 didnt brick the mesmerize so obviously the update is safe all we have to do is wait till verizon makes enough sales with the samsung charge then they will finally give us the update. I hate greedy companies
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

you seem to forget the epic debacle.  Just because there isn't issues with one doesn't mean there won't be for another.

0 Likes
yoworm

And if the update bricked your device for some odd reason are you willing to suck it up and buy a new device and don't hold any of the parties involved, but yourself for being impatient?

Tidbits

Do you honestly believe that the hold up is to clear up bugs?  Google released Froyo in March of 2010  Samsung has stated since december 2010 that they have released the OS to Big Red.  Now verizon has an entire IT department and cant get this update out but young kids that live in their moms basement can release these updates days after the leak. 

Yes these releases from time to time have bugs but these kids are doing this on no budget and a couple of donnations, Verizon has a huge budget or should based on the over charging for talk text and data.  Verizon is the most experience carrier by far use some of the money that you are bending us over for and get your IT department some competent employees.

0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it bricks the phone then SAY so. I have alot more respect for a company that is upfront saying there is a problem then one that says "oh....so sorry"......

Since US Cellular put out 2.2 i'm willing to wait a LITTLE longer...if i dont get it...{edited to comply with Terms of Service}

0 Likes