Re: 2.2 update fascinate
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe this will help. I got an email reply from vzw and this is part of what they said:

"Verizon Wireless does not dictate when a software release will be approved and confirmed. This is an update that will be provided by both Google's Android Developers and Samsung. Once it becomes ready, the software will be sent out to your device automatically and you will be advised to perform the update."

Verizon takes no responsibility at all for not delivering froyo but instead blames it on Google and samsung!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Sounds like a familiar tune we all heard before, software versus hardware, each one blaming the other
0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like our developers have a fully functional version of 2.3.3 running now. They said MMS and the Camcorder don't work but they actually do.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verizon got it on the 17th from samsung? that is a fact?

source needed

Nope don't work for vzw..but its pretty funny what people will blame on their carrier...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBhouston

Here is your proof given the use of language I do believe it is legit

This was a reply to one of the developers'

Given this and the FACT I Have Been running Froyo since January so I know it is Stable

So I am lead to BelieveVerizon is Telling a Lie  Not Samsung

http://twitpic.com/4bzeh4

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

wardcst24 wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

source needed

Nope don't work for vzw..but its pretty funny what people will blame on their carrier...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBhouston

Given this and the FACT I Have Been running Froyo since January so I know it is Stable

Doesn't say much...  People have complained about certain bugs within the release.  Also there have been changes since January.  Gives me reason to believe Verizon or Google may have not been happy with the update.  People forget there are 3 parties involved with the update.

Yes Google is involved...  Just read their ToU for manufacturers.

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Do the Google developers have anything to do with actually developing the update or does Google just put their stamp of approval on what samsung and vzw developers have done?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Dad-Bill wrote:

Do the Google developers have anything to do with actually developing the update or does Google just put their stamp of approval on what samsung and vzw developers have done?

google develops the os, sends to samsung who ads thier drivers, apps, vzw apps ect who sends to vzw for testing

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Shinebox wrote:

Looks like our developers have a fully functional version of 2.3.3 running now. They said MMS and the Camcorder don't work but they actually do.

lol. happy april fools day.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

wardcst24 wrote:

I know it is Verizon

They got it on the 17th  that is fact.

By the way do you work for Verizon. Seems real funny the posts I read that you posted blaming Google.

Seems like a confuse the people tactic to me

I would not blame Verizon if I didn't know for a fact is was them I don't point fingers with out proof.

FACT??? Provide the proof. Second, if received on the 17th VZW needs to test it and add and or remove items they do not want with the update.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Tidbits wrote:

wardcst24 wrote:

source needed

TBhouston

Doesn't say much...  People have complained about certain bugs within the release.  Also there have been changes since January.  Gives me reason to believe Verizon or Google may have not been happy with the update.  People forget there are 3 parties involved with the update.

Yes Google is involved...  Just read their ToU for manufacturers.

Maybe Samsung can not putt too well!

0 Likes