Re: 2.2 Kills Battery
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

ladybell wrote:

Ok so just to make sure I understand, about using the Wi-Fi.  If I set it up to use the Wi-fi do I need to turn off the mobile data?  Is that how that works?

Its better if you do sinc it is not being used, wifi has taken over.A couple of other things you might want to look at: 1.Check what is running in the background, you would be surprised, turn them off as well if not needed. 2. Disable sync which will eat up battery if you do not need to constantly check for email. I use a widget to turn on and off with one click which is real nice when I want to check for email
0 Likes
rikinnamon
0 Likes
paulinsyr
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
paulinsyr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for me. I did not clear battery stats and went from 6 hours to 26 hours and still holding 40%. This seems to be what I was getting before the update. 

0 Likes
mjohnson90

Mine is improving as well.  I think that part of the problem is when I upgraded to 2.2 all the settings reset to the original settings - ie. sync schedules.  I changed alot of that to every hour rather than push (except for work email).

I have also done the following (which I had done on 2.1):

1. Turn off the GPS and Bluetooth

2. Switched the display to Automatic rather than 100% that it had when I upgraded to 2.2.  Go to Display Setting > Brightness > set it to the Automatic Brightness box/option

3. I use Wi-Fi at home whenever possible rather than 3G - it is faster and uses less battery power. 

4. Reset all of my accounts sync schedules.  I don't need everything pushing to my phone 24-7. 

5. Bumped the battery

0 Likes