Why can't I activate my Samsung tablet?
ALEJAB58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Several weeks ago I purchased online from Verizon Samsung SMS T818V tablet. When i tried to activate it had to go through six online technical support technicians and they were able partially to activate it. I had Internet access through 4G but displayed number was 000 000 0000. When I tried to make a call it was assigning the number from my cellphone.  I ended up in store twice,  where simcards were replace with similar results. I can make and receive calls but through my cell phone number. Every time I reboot it, it tries to activate but ends without finishing  this process.  The number displayed stays 000 000 0000. I tried to activate it through WiFi and network but the results are the same. Verizon replaced the tablet with a new one but the issue is still persisting.  I was told that this is normal? Why I can't activate it with assigned number?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung tablet not activating
ALEJAB58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today my tablet received software update. After it rebooted the activation was complete. Assigned to this tablet number is shown under My phone number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you making calls with the tablet?  If you use the Verizon Messages+ application, you can sync your cell phone's number to the tablet and use that application to text and call through wifi calling.  The tablet itself doesn't have a native phone function.

Under the device settings in the About Tablet area, does it register the SIM status with the tablet number for the line of service and ICCID number of the SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ALEJAB58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your feedback. For calling I am using Verizon Messages+ synchronized with my cell phone.

Under My phone number I see 000-000-0000 and I can see ICCID number with the SIM card number.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried reseating the SIM card? If that doesn't work, you might want to consider getting a new SIM card from a corporate store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ALEJAB58
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I mentioned this is my second tablet. The first one had SIM card changed three times in two different corporate stores but still the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALEJAB58, we want to ensure your tablet does indeed activate as needed. If you are able to activate the tablet for data access, are you able to finalize the sync process with your mobile number through Verizon Messages for phone calls thorugh your tablet? Does it work as intended?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALEJAB58
Enthusiast - Level 2

The message of not being activated is still appearing and My phone number shows 000 000 000 instead of number assigned.  I can make calls, SMS and receive calls on Message+ but all under my cell phone number. I was told that this is normal.I thought that this tablet will work on separate phone number assign to it. This was the reason for asking community if this is typical.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I wrote earlier, the tablet doesn't support making calls and text natively through the phone number assigned to the tablet.

However, the tablet should display the number assigned to the line of service associated with the device. This would be displayed in the About Tablet section of the Settings.

0 Likes
ALEJAB58
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what I have.

Screenshot_Tablet.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALEJAB58,

Thank you for providing the helpful screenshot. I personally love our tablet line up. The ability to make and receive domestic and international voice calls on a tablet when connected to Wi-Fi or our wireless network is my favorite option. Let's get this working. For Android devices, the Verizon Messages is only compatible with OS version 4.2 and newer: https://goo.gl/LaQg5e. What is your OS version?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes