Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817V Nougat
LordG33K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi .. Android 7 (Nougat) is out and being deployed to ALL variants of this tablet .. when will Verizon be releasing this for the SM-T817V version ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817V Nougat
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you wanted a response from a VZW rep, you might be waiting for another day or two. This is a peer to peer customer forum and not a direct link to Customer Service so each thread is given a time period where the community members have the first chance to respond before the reps reply.

Only Samsung, who writes the code, knows the status of the update if it is in the works. The VZW reps when and if they respond are going to point you to the updates page of Verizon Wireless where they have all the device software updates listed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LordG33K
Enthusiast - Level 3

So this will be a test .. since someone moved my posting to a different group .. let's just see how long it takes for anyone from Verizon to answer a simple question .. so far 21 hours and nothing.

Let the count down begin ........

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you wanted a response from a VZW rep, you might be waiting for another day or two. This is a peer to peer customer forum and not a direct link to Customer Service so each thread is given a time period where the community members have the first chance to respond before the reps reply.

Only Samsung, who writes the code, knows the status of the update if it is in the works. The VZW reps when and if they respond are going to point you to the updates page of Verizon Wireless where they have all the device software updates listed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having the latest update is always important  LordG33K. I do appreciate your time and patience for waiting for a response. Ann154 is correct in stating that this is a forum and we allow our member to reply first. If you ever need immediate assistance, you can reach us other ways. Here is a https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/ link that will help.  We have not ETA on when the software will be released, but you can always check here:Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

Was there a reason why you want to have your software upgraded so quickly? Is there something wrong with your phone?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LordG33K
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was a simple question .. in which it was answered already .. the Nougat release for my model TABLET (not phone !!) was released today.

Ann154 - Samsung has NO control on when a carrier releases the updates .. Google releases code to Samsung, Samsung preps for all there specific devices and passes on the individual updates to each and every carrier .. from there, the carrier add's there specific configurations and bloatware to the update.. tests then releases.

0 Likes
LordG33K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, I stand correct .. and quite upset on how Verizon prioritizes there updates.

Yes .. a variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 was updated today to Nougat (Android 7.0) .. however, it was for the newer model SM-T818V - which had just received a security update on 4/9/17 !!!

I have the later model, SM-T817V, which has NOT received ANY UPDATES since 1/9/17 .. not even the promised security patches.

This is not the only device in which Verizon has forgotten about .. I also have a LG V20 (phone) which hasn't received any security patches since 1/6/17 .. yet every other model of LG (recent) has received either a complete OS updated or security patches recently !!!

And Verizon wonders why there customers are getting frustrated .. I would think is Verizon wants to be #1 .. customers should ALWAYS come first.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

"... Samsung preps for all there specific devices and passes on the individual updates to each and every carrier .. from there, the carrier add's there specific configurations and bloatware to the update.. tests then releases."

Wrong!!! The correct answer is Samsung receives the carrier specific applications and updates and incorporates it into the code and then Samsung tests it before it is sent to the carrier for technical approval. If it passes then the carrier informs Samsung who then prepares the update for release. The carriers don't touch the code for the OS. Samsung follows the exact same process as HTC and HTC has publicly stated that process. HTC Software Updates Process | HTC United States

0 Likes
rlewis955

Received mine today OTA.

0 Likes
BO6530

WHICH MODEL DO YOU HAVE

0 Likes
rlewis955

SM-T817v (2015 version) been waiting awhile and checking for updates often. I live in FL, but usually if it's available in the US, but not OTA in your area, you can upgrade it using the Verizon upgrade assistant from your PC.

0 Likes