Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,459 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Preparing a Galaxy Tab 4 for resale.
SWSTANT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm preparing to sell my very first Verizon device and want to make sure I don't mess it up.

It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and here is what I've done so far is...

1). Had Verizon remove the device from my plan

2). Removed my Google account info from the device.

3). Removed SIM

4). Did not have an SD card so good to go there.

5). Performed a Factory Reset.

So after the tablet reboots following reset, it still boots up to the Verizon screen. Is this correct?

Can someone w/ a different carrier still use the tablet?

Do I need to go any further than this to complete the preparation for resale?

I apologize for my ignorance but I've never done this before and just want to get it right.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Preparing a Galaxy Tab 4 for resale.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you've covered all of the bases. Unregistering the device, removing the SIM and factory defaulting is about all that you can do. Once the new owner installs another SIM, the unit will be associated with a new account.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What you have done to prepare your device for resale, is the correct process. You should be good-to-go! If you'd like, we can double check the Device ID (IMEI/MEID) for the tablet, to ensure it doesn't report back to your own Verizon Wireless account. One way for us to go through this process, is through Facebook Private Message, or Twitter Direct Message. We can be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Verizon. 

SWSTANT
Enthusiast - Level 2

So after SIM card removal, factory reset, reboot, verizon screen...it prompts me to either insert SIM or connect to WiFi to complete the process. If I complete the process connected WiFi then forget forget that connection...should be all set for the new owner, should it not?

Thanks for the help. It's much appreciated.

Scott

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you connect to Wi-Fi, the process to re-associate the phone to you starts all over again. I would do another factory default (if you have since connected to Wi-Fi) and simply power down the Tab 4 once the default process is complete.

SWSTANT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will do.
I appreciate the help very much.

0 Likes
SWSTANT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize this is probably becoming annoying by now but I did follow your instructions and performed another factory reset. After a pretty long pause at the Verizon red screen I get to a Setup Wizard screen titled Tablet Activation & I can go no further without either connecting to WiFi or inserting a SIM. Is this where I should leave it for the next owner? 

This is exactly what it says "Your tablet needs a SIM card to work. You may not have inserted your SIM card yet or ite may be inserted incorrectly.

Please turn off your tablet and make sure your SIM Card is inserted as shown above. Then turn your tablet back on."

At the bottom I have the option to TURN TABLET OFF or USE Wi-Fi >

So sorry for the thick skull here.

Scott

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, that is exactly the point where you turn off the device and leave it ready for the next owner or user.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SWSTANT

Your phone has been reset. You're all set! The new owner just needs to insert a sim card and complete the set up menu.  

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes