Message+ app will not load
dandy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I need some help because I am going nuts. I use Verizon Message+ all day long on my Samsung S2 tablet. When I uploaded the last update the app requires the scan of a QR code. I have been trying to scan it for over a week and it won't scan. When the app requests I enter my phone number, I enter it, I then checked the model number that was correct (T-813) hit send and the QR code is sent to my phone. I position it over the camera eye and tried scaning it at least 10 times over the last week and it won't scan. I tried positioning the QR code at all different distances and angles and it won't scan. Do you know what I am doing wrong

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Message+ app will not load
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@dandy2 wrote:

Hi, I need some help because I am going nuts. I use Verizon Message+ all day long on my Samsung S2 tablet. When I uploaded the last update the app requires the scan of a QR code. I have been trying to scan it for over a week and it won't scan. When the app requests I enter my phone number, I enter it, I then checked the model number that was correct (T-813) hit send and the QR code is sent to my phone. I position it over the camera eye and tried scaning it at least 10 times over the last week and it won't scan. I tried positioning the QR code at all different distances and angles and it won't scan. Do you know what I am doing wrong

There was a recent post on another related thread that stated, only one of the cameras could be used.  Have you tried switching cameras to see if your other camera works?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dandy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try both cameras. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@dandy2 wrote:

There was a recent post on another related thread that stated, only one of the cameras could be used.  Have you tried switching cameras to see if your other camera works?

0 Likes
dandy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for helping out. Doesn't the camera on the device being used, in this case its the Samsung S2 Tablet, specific to the device you are trying to use

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@dandy2 wrote:

Thanks for helping out. Doesn't the camera on the device being used, in this case its the Samsung S2 Tablet, specific to the device you are trying to use

Does the Samsung S2 Tablet have two cameras, front/rear?

0 Likes
dandy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it does

0 Likes
dandy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried deleting, then re-downloading the application? EstavanC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@dandy2 wrote:

Since your post was marked as the Correct Answer, did using the other camera work?  If so, which camera was it that worked?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dandy2

We're not giving up. Have you powered the device off/on to soft reset it and then attempt to enter that code again? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We really hope you're able to scan the QR Code without any issues. Another recommendation is to restart both of your devices. After that, please try using both cameras.
If you're still experiencing issues please clear cache and temporary files on both devices and try going through this process once again.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes