How do I change my account password with a device that can't get text ?
fregoejm

I have a verizon account tied to only a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. It's assigned a "phone number", but can't actually receive text messages with my data only plan.

I want to change my account password, but it wants to send a confirmation code to the "phone number" via text to complete. Is there any way around this extra step ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I change my account password with a device that can't get text ?
bearone21
Legend

login to myverizon on a computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, fregoejm. I understand you're interested in changing your account password. However, you only have a Samsung tablet, which you're unable to receive text messages on. You mentioned the system wants to send you a code. Sending a verification code is our way of protecting your account. If you have an email address on file, you can request to receive an email with this code. To gain clarity, what other options do you see to have the code sent to?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
fregoejm

I am only given the option to send the code to my tablet's "phone number".
I'm not sure why it doesn't think I have an email attached as there is one entered in my account profile and I get my billing statements via that email.

see screenshot, this is from desktop website via my computer:

VerizonPWChange_NeedCode.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fregoejm, we want to help ensure you're able to change your online My Verizon password as soon as possible and apologize for any delay as responses may not be instant via our community forum. We will need to contact you directly to see if the email reset option works or mail out a new temporary password. 

To better assist, we've sent you a direct message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes