Can't reactivate Galaxy tablet, can't reactivate with protected network, can I bypass Google account?
Spiderplant4

I am traveling on a cruise in SE Asia. When I pressed Home to wake up my tablet yesterday, the boot screen appeared. I pressed home which selects "normal start" (or similar wording). After selecting English language, the tablet next wanted the internet network which I have on the ship. However, there is nowhere, no opportunity, to enter the ship's network password. I understand Samsung wants me to reenter my Google account to proceed, however I cannot enter it without the internet and the tablet is giving no opportunity to sign in to the network. Can I bypass Google account or somehow proceed to get my tablet back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't reactivate Galaxy tablet, can't reactivate with protected network, can I bypass Google account?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning to hear. What is the make and model of your tablet? Do you receive any other error messages on the tablet?

TabithaJ _VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Can't reactivate Galaxy tablet, can't reactivate with protected network, can I bypass Google account?
Spiderplant4

No other error messages. I have no idea why the tablet "woke up" on the

boot screen. I believe it's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

On Apr 21, 2017 12:26 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spiderplant4, we want you to have complete access to your Tab S2, especially while traveling internationally. Our goal is to provide the best steps for you to move forward. You do not have the ability to bypass the Google account sign in at this time. The only options for you to complete signing back in to your Tab S2, is to wait until the tablet connects to a network. Does your tablet have Verizon cellular service?

0 Likes
Spiderplant4

Yes I have cellular capability on tab. Also have Droid turbo phone with 1

month global cell/text/data (small amt) package. Will be in Seoul and

Beijing. Thought about setting up hot spot but I think you need a code to

connect other devices? And would not be able to enter it. Please advise

since hot spot uses data.

On Apr 23, 2017 11:12 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The code to connect to the device's hotspot is programmed in the device and can be changed while in the hotspot application before turning hotspot on.

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes