Can I just put my phone SIM card into my tablet S2
Lhood3
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone broke. So I took the SIM and out it in my tablet galaxy s2. But nothing happened and still only works off Wi-Fi. What am I doing wrong ?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Can I just put my phone SIM card into my tablet S2
bearone21
Legend

it needs to be compatible with the tablet.

fwiw; i use an old s5 on wi-fi without sim card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that your phone broke. We know how crucial it is to see exactly why you are not able to use your Galaxy S2 after entering your SIM card to your new device, and we will be glad to help you see what is causing the issue. To confirm, when was the last time that you had this device in your account? have you already verified that you don't have Wi-Fi turned on when you try to activate your device? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Lhood3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've only used the tablet on Wi-Fi, never added it to my account. Is that the issue? I just know there's a slot for the SIM so I tried, but no network connection

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What make & model phone did you take your SIM card out of, Lhood3? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Lhood3
Enthusiast - Level 2

A samsung galaxy s7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we’re helping you in the best possible way, Lhood3. Are you attempting to make use of the tablet (Galaxy S2) using a SIM card from a Galaxy S7 phone device? Are you attempting to troubleshoot the Galaxy S7 device? The more detail you provide about what needs to be done, the better we can help resolve the issue at hand.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes