Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,600 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Re: wifi calling not working since Android 8 update
YEEHAWYALL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this problem everywhere I go. Up top on my S8 plus I have a WiFi calling notification that will not go away or turn one once I click on it. I have tried cycling it on and off and I have even rebooted in safe mode. I don't understand because it work flawlessly before that last Android update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, AMBYG_44. Please refresh your phone by turning it completely off, and back on. Here are the instructions for turning your WI-FI calling off or on: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211118/ .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yeehawyall, thanks for the update on the issues you're experiencing with activating Wi-Fi Calling. Let's move forward and work together so we can seek an immediate resolution to this problem. For as much as I rely on this same functionality, I do understand it's imperative we get this corrected for you.

Since you mentioned it started after the software update, let's also perform a "Wipe Cache Partition" on the phone. This will help clear out any old software files that don't belong anymore since the last software update you performed. I have listed the instructions below. 

1. Turn the phone OFF
  2. Press and hold “Volume Up” and “Home” at the same time, and then press and hold “Power” too
  3. Release all buttons at the “Android” logo and wait for the Android System Recovery menu
  4. From Recovery, press “Volume down” repeatedly to highlight “wipe data / factory reset
  5. Press “Power” to select the highlighted option
  6. Press “Volume down” to highlight “wipe cache partition
  7. Press “Power
  8. Highlight “Yes” and press “Power” again to confirm
  9. Once the cache partition is cleared, highlight “Reboot system now” and press “Power

Please also reference the link below for how to Reset Network Settings on your Galaxy S8. Any saved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections will be erased and can be set back up again. Please keep us posted on any changes. http://spr.ly/6589DoWpt

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAMMCG01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally Got Wi-Fi calling to activate!

I'm not sure which step finally got me through it but here is what I did:

1turned off Wi-Fi on phone

2Turn on features for HD calling and video

3 In advance calling settings I attempted to activate Wi-Fi calling again.

4  This time when prompted 4911 address information I changed information on my address and updated. Put a typo in

5  When system showed address information it thought I was trying to get, my correct address I selected it and updated.

This time Wi-Fi calling finished and completed setting up.

No idea which step made the difference.

Good luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad your Wi-Fi calling is working now. We will take the steps taken as feedback for future references. We apologize for any inconvenience. Should anything else come up, feel free to contact us here at any time. We hope you have a wonderful day.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Irishsettler722
Enthusiast - Level 2

I seem to have found a possible fix. Two of my s8 phones on my account experienced the same thing. I had some verizon apps disabled because they showed up as eating up the battery life and the other seems to just he a bug.

Re-enable my verizon services app, caller id and any other verizon app that's disabled and clear the cache as well. Then find the wifi calling app and enable the permissions for it as it doesn't seem to pop up asking you to allow them and then it should activate wifi calling on your next try.

KEVVAR3
Enthusiast - Level 2

ANSWER:

Settings > Apps > Show System Apps > View: Disabled >> Enable "My Verizon Services"

Make sure HD Voice and Video Calling is on.

Wi-Fi calling does NOT work on unlocked phones. The phone needs to be a Verizon model.

0 Likes
windstrings
Enthusiast - Level 2

This solution worked! 

Except it was for my Note 9 after the system 5 update! 

Even though "my Verizon services" was disabled an error about wifi calling not working and having to update emergency information first stayed at the top of the screen. 

Confusing part, wifi calling DID WORK, even though the error claimed it didn't. 

To test.. Just go into airplane mode, then turn on "only" wifi, then make a call... 

At any rate, if you reactivate "my Verizon services" then when you hit the drop-down notification to enable wifi , it will actually let you update your emergency info then that notification will dissappear for good! 

0 Likes
Zimmerja2

Same problem, all answers above fail to fix the problem for about a year now.  Please pass the error to IT deparment to find an answer.

0 Likes
miamialcalde

The actual solution as indicated above is to enable "My verizon" app in order for this emergency feature to work. The FCC should be advised on this.

0 Likes