why dose verizon make update that mess up the phone
iraqivet

i have had the GS3 for about a year now and this is the first phone i have loved. but now verizon make this update and my phone is usless.

i could go all day with a full charge now i have to charge my phone around noon to make it through the day. one big reason i have seen is the limit background prosses is gone. so my ram now says there is 39 things running in the back ground. also my light flashes everytime i get a call. i have looked everywhere and there is no way to shut it off. i have been a verizon customer for over 10 years and if verizon cant fix this or give me a erley upgrade i think it is time to take my 2 lines somewhere else.

Verizon cant you just leave a good thing alone and stop messing it up with crappy updates that do nothing but mess the phone up?

0 Likes
Re: why dose verizon make update that mess up the phone
Big_D_Docking_Dude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon doesn't make the updates. The updates come directly from Samsung. So instead of blaming verizon, you should go to samsung.

Defn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with you there! We should give Verizon a does of their own medicine, and lets update our billing information that will mess up their billing department.

But seriously, Verizon doesnt make the updates, if you have that big of an issue with it, I would recommend contacting Samsung. Youve been a customer for 10 years, huh? That is great and all, but every carrier sees the same updates more or less, and the best way to avoid updates, is to not own any electronics.

JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

"The updates come directly from Samsung."

Absolutely not true.  Samsung 'never' releases updates "directly" to their phones.  They release updates to the Carriers, in this case Verizon.  Then Verizon adds, deletes and modifies features as they see fit, before sending the update out to their customers.  Sometimes these changes cause problems ranging from minor to serious.  For example the update to JB 4.1.1 in which Verizon caused major problems that necessitated the release of a patch to fix it.

NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

Samsung releases update to Verizon and then Samsung incorporates Verizon's changes into the update. Samsung is making the update here, so it is right to blame Samsung.

JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

You have to be kidding.  You really believe that Samsung sends to VZ and then VZ sends it back to Samsung and then Samsung sends it to the end user.?

The OTA updates are sent out to customers by "Verizon".  Samsung has NO cell phone network to send out updates on, even if they wanted to.  The last people to touch the updates before the customer gets them is Verizon.  

0 Likes
Sam_Starfall

I don't care who made the update or who sent out the update. I want it gone and out of my phone so I can have my reliable problem free phone back. this new update is getting on my nerves and going to cost me an arm and a leg from bandwith usage because it would stay connected to the Wifi carrier.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Some of you must be Verizon employees who always say to contact Samsung.  As JoeKiv says, the final update comes from Verizon Servers and towers.  Samsung would have no way to send you an update.  THE UPDATES COME FROM VERIZON, IF YOU CALL SAMSUNG THEY WILL TELL YOU TO CALL VERIZON!  Ok, I feel better now. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

NexusMan21 that's false.

Verizon doesn't even see code. They tell manufacturers criteria and give apps to manufacturers. Manufacturers do ALL the coding. I already posted how it's done. Motorola has the same time line as HTC as does Sony. I don't see why Samsung would be any different. Verizon is not a software/hardware firm. They are a service provider.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I guess you didn't read that link I provided you. It completely proves Verizon doesn't even touch code like popular belief.

0 Likes