why can i not use my mobile data when i am talking on the phone?
phone1245

Every time i answer a call my moblie data goes away.When I hang up with the person it comes back, why is this.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why can i not use my mobile data when i am talking on the phone
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do you have Advanced Calling enabled?

0 Likes
phone1245

No, because it would disable my visual voice mail.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Advanced Calling works in tandem with visual vm.  Visual vm doesnt work unless there is a data connection, same as AC.  Both require data.  AC is VoLTE, Voice over LTE.  VoLTE is needed for talk and surf.

clt0101

what is advanced calling?  I had the Galaxy S3 and could make bluetooth calls AND run navigation at the same time, why doesn't the S6 Edge cut off data connection when I'm on a call?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

clt0101 wrote:

what is advanced calling?  I had the Galaxy S3 and could make bluetooth calls AND run navigation at the same time, why doesn't the S6 Edge cut off data connection when I'm on a call?

Because the S3 had an extra antennae which the S6 does not have meaning it could use CDMA for talk and GSM for data at the same time. Manufacturers have moved towards only having one antennae in phones as cellular providers are moving towards VoLTE which utilize GSM and will no longer utilize CDMA technology. Makes the phone less bulky and less expensive than if it were to have the additional antennae.

0 Likes
4ringsnbr
Enthusiast - Level 3

No the S3 had one antenna that would use CDMA 1x for voice and the other antenna for LTE data.  GSM is a 2G standard that most everyone has abandoned.  Even AT&T has mostly replaced all their old GSM coverage with WCDMA (HSPA 3G) service.  GSM carriers all moved to WCDMA (UMTS then HSPA) for 3G years ago.  LTE is the 4G standard that all carriers will use.  VoLTE transports calls over LTE, not GSM or WCDMA.

0 Likes