when will the samsung galaxy s3 get the 4.3 jelly bean update?
pmro
Enthusiast - Level 2

when will the samsung galaxy s3 get the 4.3 update, i have read 11/22/13 but i contacted samsung and they said it will never receive it?

>> Subject line shortened <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: when will the samsung galaxy s3 get the 4.3 jelly bean update?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the issues being reported by S4 users upon receiving the 4.3 update, are you sure you want it? 

I've also heard the end of the month.

zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

November 22nd from reported sites like droid-life blog and gottabemobile. With the age old Verizon phrase, "Dates may be subject to change" of course. But the Note  2 and GS3 has been updated in Europe to 4.3. Samsung has been pushing this out fast so last year's models will work with their new smart phone.  Sounds like they are on top of Verizon to get this pushed out asap.

Believe it or not, the GS4 on Verizon was the first to get it's update of all the US carriers a couple weeks ago.

0 Likes
when will the samsung galaxy s3 get the 4.3 jelly bean update?
pmro
Enthusiast - Level 2

any information from anyone?

UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is keeping quiet so this probably means we (Verizon Customers) are not going to get the update as that would be giving the customers things we want. No worries, they will claim they are doing "extensive testing" and it is coming soon so they can inflate your phone bill. I have a year until my contract is over and have grown very disappointed in their service. I hope they prove me wrong but I am fearful that I am right. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

If you were on another carrier, you would have it...

0 Likes
eszlinger

A big steaming pile of bull shit is what it is. This update obviously isn't as big a deal to Verizon, as it is to their high paying customers. If it was a priority for them whatsoever, they would pull all their resources together to work out the kinks, and  get this update out to us like yesterday. All I have to say is I can't wait for my contract to end, because that's when my time with Verizon will end as well.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's not up to Verizon to fix those kinks. It's up to Samsung... Verizon isn't the hardware company. Sure the device has Verizon branding, but they are not the ones to make the device, or make the updates. The current update has problems for users around the world. People are complaining about it. Right now personally I am glad they are waiting if I don't have to deal with those problems. It's bad enough enough I have to deal with it with my personal phone... I would loathe it on my company phone.

0 Likes
gwhizkids
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would have to disagree with you to some extent: the other US carriers HAVE rolled  it out (including some prepaids and regionals).  There have been few, if any, problems reported here in the US.  As we are on different hardware than the rest of the globe, what happens outside the  USA is irrelevant to this discussion.  I honestly don't know why we don't have it yet.  It might be more exacting standards or testing. It might be the desire of VZW to add additional software. I just don't know.  What I do know is that we have other carriers to compare this one to and those other carriers have it and we do not. But I think the thing that is really upsetting Verizon Galaxy S3 customers is that the company has elected to say nothing to its customers about why their phones now are not the equal of the other carriers' phones or when, in general terms, they might expect to see the update..  In my mind, that is unconscionable.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Addition software is FUD. Manufacturers get this stuff long before carriers get it into their hands. Just look at ever piece of leaked software from manufacturers. They all have that additional software carriers are supposedly putting in delaying the release of software.

Just because other carriers have the update doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with it. If you go to T-Mobile customer boards you'll see complaints about the update. Failing to install, bricking, WiFi not working, Knox throwing an error, and modified software notification (this voids your warranty).

If I saw this and I ran through this in testing I would delay the release until fixed(I am a software developer). Tech support and replacing devices cost money and resources. Delaying an update doesn't.